Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Noosa, for the last six months or so, business has been slow. Tourist numbers are down because of the bad weather, and small businesses have been suffering.

There is now a push on for locals to start spending their money locally. Don't buy elsewhere. Even if it's a little more costly. They are promoting the concept as a 'Staycation' - comes from the USA. They'd like people to dine out more etc.

I tend to agree with the idea. I buy from all over (mostly on price) but now I'm thinking I'll do it locally, just to give the area a boost.

For instance, bought an Abercrombie & Fitch jacket from eBay...great value! Costs more here, but what the hell.

Anybody got any wise observations?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,907 Posts
Abercrombie & Fitch jacket, ooohhh Posh.

In Noosa you would need about $800 to buy it, id just go a Gympie and get Hunting jacket and Ammo.

Then grab some Gympie KFC for the drive home, would save $90 on Noosa takeaway.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Every time i head away I am happy to spend locally, ESPECIALLY the smaller town off the main drag. i always make sure I top up with fuel and spend a few $$ in the shop at Dargo.

Woods Point here in Vic is a good example of what happens when people dont support local businesses.... very few brought fuel there, so the servo and local store (the only shop in town) shut down. (fire and road closures also didnt help).

Now, of course, the same people complain the town has no facilities.

Good on you for supporting local business. Sooner or later you had to post a reasonably worthwhile post I guess :p

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jamus...can't deny there are one or two around. Mostly tho' they all seem to have gone to Tasmania.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts