Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I’m about to install a new steel bullbar to my gu patrol.
I have a 2” lift kit in it from previous owner but wondering if putting the bull bar on will make it sag instantly?
Should I update springs before fitting the bullbar?

or will it only sag a little bit and if so how much when fitting the bar?
If anyone knows or has done the same thing would love to hear about it. Thanks in advanced

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,036 Posts
Hi guys, I’m about to install a new steel bullbar to my gu patrol.
I have a 2” lift kit in it from previous owner but wondering if putting the bull bar on will make it sag instantly?
Should I update springs before fitting the bullbar?

or will it only sag a little bit and if so how much when fitting the bar?
If anyone knows or has done the same thing would love to hear about it. Thanks in advanced
Have moved to tech section. Mate it depends on what steel bar you choose, normally you do not need to lift vehicle just because you fit a bar, but, I saw a bar this morning that was more suited to a truck.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
8,242 Posts
Fit the bar first , its hard to tell if will drop the front at all . Depends on what rating springs the previous owner put in. No one will be able to tell you if it will sag and by how much , we don't know the spring rating or the weight of the bar. Oh and welcome to the forum with your first post, head to newbies section.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weighs around the 65 kilo mark. Sorry I should of said that.

let’s say it has a 300kilo constant load in it. Would you expect to sag a little or hold it hight as it sits atm?

I’ll head there now cheers

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
8,242 Posts
Weighs around the 65 kilo mark. Sorry I should of said that.

let’s say it has a 300kilo constant load in it. Would you expect to sag a little or hold it hight as it sits atm?

I’ll head there now cheers
As said before depends on the springs in it.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,036 Posts
At this point in time I would not bother, just fit it and see what happens, you have lost nothing, if you need to change them then go for it, there are plenty of std height patrols out there fitted with steel bars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah can always fit new springs it if has dropped I guess! Just want the clearance out bush over long weekend coming up

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,036 Posts
Yeah can always fit new springs it if has dropped I guess! Just want the clearance out bush over long weekend coming up
Mate you would be surprised how far a std height Patrol will get you into the scrub, it's not how much gear you have that makes all the difference, it's how you drive it.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
8,242 Posts
Bull bar won't change the clearance of your diffs . drive it and enjoy it , I've been in the vic high country in a standard height patrol with no problems.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Mate it's not going to drop your front end 6 inches so stop over thinking it and enjoy.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,032 Posts
Lol

Firstly... it will make FA difference that you can see, whatever it may do will be in millimetres and will need a measuring tape, not the naked eye, to observe.

Secondly... I’d be gobsmacked if it weighed 65kgs. A genuine steel nisssn bullbar with a low mount winch weighs about that, and is a dealer fitted option from new with - wait for it - standard springs. It’s not an NP300 that needs new front springs with a bullbar to maintain warranty.

Thirdly... the obvious thing here, grab an adult mate, brother, missus, whatever, ask them to sit on the bonnet while you’re off to the side and see if you can tell the front has dropped. Most adults weigh more than a bullbar, if the volunteer doesn’t, then whack a full jerry can on his or her lap lol

Just fit it, you’ll wonder what you were stressing about.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,707 Posts
I have a genuine bullbar AND WINCH on mine with the standard suspension. I measured ride height before and after. Dropped 5mm on the RHS and 7mm on the LHS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts