Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bodgy supercrap steering wheel with a hub that supports a nissan horn rim contact but not blinker return pins. Is there anything from a late model Nissan or whatever that I could use that would give me a wheel and a steering hub that will reset my blinker after a turn and looks Ok in a MQ?
2nd Q if not out of line, could someone conform that 8 lift blocks are required for shorty and that the rear-most two are 12mm with 10mm 1mm pitch thread?

·
Registered
nissan
48 Posts
2nd Q if not out of line, could someone conform that 8 lift blocks are required for shorty and that the rear-most two are 12mm with 10mm 1mm pitch thread?
hey mate yes u need 8 lift blocks to complete a body lift in the shorty but dont know about the threads of the rear-most two

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Steering wheel that looks the goods and does the job
Get a 3 spoke MK wheel,they look sorta sporty and dont look outta place at all
RE: body blocks do a search been discussed many times
The rear bolts are a pain and dont forget the little hook type things (look in the rear wheel arch ,youll see them)
Theres a few other things to remember or know of when doin body lift
Search ,its there

·
Registered
nissan
154 Posts
actually you would need 10 lift blocks as there are also 2 located under the cargo bay supporting the floor.
but these are smaller than the other 8.
and the bolts in the back are indeed 12mil with 10mil thread but pitch was as I recall 1.25 mil.
not 100% sure of the pitch.
use lots of lube or penetrating oil when removing rear bolts.
If the nut seises you will have to drill a hole in the rear section as the nut will rip out the retaining strap and there is no other option to remove or replace.
the nut is a rectangular nut from approx. 20mm so you would have to drill at least 30mm to remove bolt and nut after you cut the bolt head.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
im running a sports steering wheel in mine with the boss kit and my blinkers turn off after corning

check to make sure the little plastic piece for the blinker off is not broken and just make 100 percent sure that your boss isint 90 degress out or something silly like such

1 - 5 of 5 Posts