Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought a GU and have noticed that the centreline of the steering wheel seems to be not aligned with the centreline of the driver's seat. In other words, the centre of my chest is not in line with the centre of the steering wheel. It feels slightly awkward to drive. In exagerated terms, it feels like I'm driving with the steering wheel in middle of the dashboard (not this bad of course).

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,367 Posts
Happens when you get a front end alignment on patrols, especially GU's as most mechanics dont want to touch the steering wheel, ie take it off and align it, as the wound spring for airbag trigger is a bitch.

Or something to that effect....

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
I think he means like a defender.. the seat is off to the left/right of the steering column, well thats how I read it.

·
Registered
nissan
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thats how I read it aswell. You get used to it after awhile.
Its a Patrol thing;)

Wayne
Thanks for all your responses. It must be just only a GU thing because my Maverick doensn't have that issue. But if that's normal then I guess it's OK. In fact I am starting to get used to it now but it sure does feel awkward driving like that.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,855 Posts
That explains the upper back problems i have in the fricken thing...

Can't get close enough to the wheel when my legs are good. My knees are jammed against teh dash if my arms are good.
I have looked into a reach adjustible column for it - but they don't exist! I have even considered buying a cruiser to cure the probelm! Maybe i'll get the new patrol when it finally arrives...

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,799 Posts
I never noticed on my version and I still can not. However I did notice it on our Hyundai i10 last night. Its a good 2" out from line of sight.

·
Registered
nissan
251 Posts
Might be a Nissan thing. I have a Nisan UD truck, has the same thing with regards to the steering wheel being off center to the seat. Wad da ya do, get over it or get out of it :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.