Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about getting a Steinbauer chip for my 02 ZD30 (auto) as we have just bought a caravan. One mechanic said he had reservations as the extra power down low may strain the engine particularly my year (02). Will the chip lead to increased boost? I'm going for a set of gauges/Dawes Valve/egr block in the very near future. Will this be counter productive??

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Peter

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
The chip won't increase the boost, it just bumps up the fueling. I would not fit a chip to your model without having first done the other mods you mention, plus maybe a 2.75" or 3" exhaust.

The chip increases the torque and brings it in a bit earlier in the rev range, which is good for towing.

You may also want to look into a transmission lock and an uprated transmission oil cooler.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dear, Now I'll sound like a complete idiot and ask what is a transmission lock??

·
Registered
nissan
253 Posts
Do a forum search "Auto lock up kit" Or talk to Chaz on this forum. It is a system of relays that manually locks the torque converter in your auto tranny, reducing heat & ware in your auto.:D

·
Registered
nissan
972 Posts
Do the Dawes, EGR block and catch can first. Then do a 3" exhaust next. Then lastly fit a performance chip. The chip injects more fuel which creates more heat. You need the bigger exhaust to get the heat out of the head and keep EGT's down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts