Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am about to have a 2" lift put in, and some steps put on and would like some recommendations (Yes I have searched, and just thought I would ask also).

Vehicle: GUIII, 3 litre wagon. Steel bar, lights, dual batts. Cargo barrier, alloy rack, 40L engel in back. wife and 2 boys (ages 3 & 5, but they are only going to get heavier). We do have a camper, which is 1T tare. I don't know the exact ball weight, but the manufacturer says they build them to have 10-15% on the ball. So Tare, thats 100-150kg on the ball, design weight, not weighed. We use the camper approx 4 - 6 weekly, more in summer, less in winter. The rig is also the daily driver, and we live in the inner city in Newtown in Sydney. 4wding style: nothing to heavy. Just day trips and camping, but I'd prefer to be protected than damage stuff.

Lift: Currently looking at 2". I have enough fun with car parks at the moment, so I don't want to go over 2" lift. Considering the ARB/OME Nitro shocks, with Medium Duty coils in the back. Not sure what he wants to put in the front, but he has considered current weight, and potential for a winch. The guy threw a curve ball at me today and asked if I wanted the Nitro Sports shocks. A quick search here showed people aren't too happy with them - but I have been told the issues of a year ago have been fixed. Any comments?

Steps/Sliders: Looking at the ARB protection step with the brush bars. There are three mounts coming in from the outside bar to the chassis. My concern is that they do not have a bar running down the length of the step under the sills, protecting them. Am I concerned over nothing, or should I be looking at something else? Thoughts on having the fitter weld in a tube between the mounts? Comments or other options?

Many thanks. I have also posted this on another forum.

Mac

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I cant speak for others, i had the nitro sports shocks installed yesterday, I am very happy with them so far. Totally changed the way the car drives.

Just my 2 cents

1 - 2 of 2 Posts