Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the big panel there to fit accessories etc, i have a radio i want to mount and also run the wire and button for my lightbar through there.
I've read through the y62 manual and it's both very involved, confusing and a bit intimidating!
is there an easier way than removing half the interior as the manual seems to suggest?

·
Registered
nissan
310 Posts
Nope pain in the... The black leather sides pull out and up then lift the center console bit up. Think there is a few screws that hold the main facia with stereo etc on. And it's a pain to get to the blank switch spots on the bottom I'll try find some pics of when I did mine

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would be great, i'm sure pics would help, thanks dude

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Is there space behind the LCD screen?

As in, enough to fit a double din gps?

Can you confirm the "leather" side simply pull out?

I doubt it is leather, check my rear left door handle

Will be talking to dealer about this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
310 Posts
Not sure about behind the LCD screen I never took that out, and probably fake leather look material. They pull out then you lift the bottom out and up I'll take a pic tomorrow of the upper clip to show what I mean

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's a huge help mate, a lot easier than the official manual anyway, looks reasonably straight forward once you get those side panels out.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
nissan
310 Posts
No worries, once the side panels are off I'm pretty sure it's only 4 screws and the whole facia comes off. I couldn't work out how to get the lower section off though were the blanks are but there is just enough room to get your hand down behind it anyways, and for the LEDs in the switches I just tapped into the accessories plug wiring so when the lights are on the switches light up too

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I plan on just installing the uhf and the lightbar to direct power, i think legally spotties are meant to be hooked up to your high beam switch which is how i did it on my old gq, but not too keen on messing about with the factory plugs on this car.
Will just mount the main part of the uhf unit behind the back where it's hidden and then running the wires through the firewall for power etc.

·
Registered
nissan
310 Posts
My light bar is hooked upto my high beam it's just the little led in the switch that's wired into the accessories wiring so when I turn the lights on and the dash lights up so does the switch, the rocker switches I used have 2 LEDs in them. One for just when the dash lights are on and one for when you have the switch on and high beam on

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks heaps for that mate, the weather gods decided i wouldn't be able to work on the car yesterday, today is fine but i fly out for work tomorrow so have stuff to do around the house, now that i have a good idea though i can get cracking as soon as i'm home again!

Reactions: PURTROL

·
Registered
Y62 Patrol S2
94 Posts
Bit of a grave dig but just wanting to thank Luke62 for the info.
Although ours has done less than 10,000klm it developed a very bad noise in the stereo fascia that sent me over the edge...! Only started happening last few days but yesterday it was intolerable.
I spent more time reading this thread and the QX80 service manual (Instrument Panel section) than I did pulling it apart, fixing and putting it back together. Was very simple, just placed some adhesive felt (Autobarn Epping have it) in a few key areas and put it all back. So far so good, the smile's back on my face. Would've taken longer arguing with Nissan to get it fixed and probably all that would of happened is a squirt of silicone as a temporary fix is my bet.
Cheers BruceR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts