Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

My rebuilt 2.8 is still getting hot! I can't see what is wrong! There are no leaks or anything! if I just cruise on 70kms hour on flat road it heats up

I have replaced:

-thermostat
-waterpump
-serviced radiator
-flushed coolant
-had twin thermo fans rewired

I can't think of anything! the car did have a bottle of seal up run through it for a few days before the engine was rebuilt. Could this have blocked the radiator???

Does anyone else run thermo fans?

The car just keeps climbing in temp. I am pulling over when the temp reaches 105 degrees having to wait for it to get back under 100 degrees then after about 500 meters of slow driving it heats up again? any thoughts?

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Was the engine overheating before you rebuilt it?

1. When you had the radiator serviced did the tanks get taken off and the core bathed and scrubbed out (or recored)? The ****e in the radiator will go hard and reduce the flow while it is sitting and engine rebuilt.

2. Did the head get a bath and water jackets scrubbed out.
3. Did you get the head cleaned, tested for true and pressure tested
4. Did you get the block and head skimmed

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
if u didnt have radiator serviced after puttin stop leak or what ever u put in it i suggest u pull it out and get it done asap those stop leaks are shyte.

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
wont be fan problem if its at cruise
X2 Ditto as the air flow is happening and fans cut out

·
Registered
Nissan
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I think it is solved! The clown that wired up the thermo fans had them blowing air and not sucking! So obviously it was not allowing proper airflow through the radiator fins. Instead of the air going < | < it was doing > | < if you get what I mean

I reversed the polarity of the fans and took it for a 10 minute test drive and the temp sat between 89-93 degrees. Hit 93 when going up hills.

When the engine was rebuilt the head was also full reconditioned. I rebuilt the engine because I pulled the head off because it was stuffed and causing heating issues (gasket). So thought well I'm already half way there so may as well do the pistons, rings and shells while I'm at it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts