Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

On my new 2010 GU it has the stock Fog Lights in the bumper.

Thinking of installing the alloy bar from my old GU3 and cutting out the extra grill depth. Hoping to use the stock fog light loom to run spotties on the bar ? Anyone know what the fog light loom is rated to in wattage???

Thanks

Swerve

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Not sure what there rated to but the wiring looks pretty thin, Youd be better of runing a relay of the end of it and have the lights with heavy wiring straight to tha batt

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
get either an ironman delux or arb delux bullbar. . . . you wont look back. very happy i spent the money again.

·
Registered
nissan
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah still working out bar options, Only thinking of the alloy as I have it down the side of the house, any bar is better then no bar right now.

Fingers crossed hoping a ARB deluxe bar turns up on Patrol4x4 or ebay

·
Premium Member
1975 G60, 1989 GQ, 2013 GU
1,408 Posts
Cables will be to small for your application. Fog lights are around the 50watt mark and your spotties are around the 100w mark which means some good cooking ;)

TRev

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
Yeah still working out bar options, Only thinking of the alloy as I have it down the side of the house, any bar is better then no bar right now.

Fingers crossed hoping a ARB deluxe bar turns up on Patrol4x4 or ebay
dont hold your breath. . . :( seriously look at ironman. 1100 is a good price for a bullbar brand new with foglights. you wont do much better if an arb one comes up on ebay because everybody wants them.:sad:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
dont hold your breath. . . :( seriously look at ironman. 1100 is a good price for a bullbar brand new with foglights. you wont do much better if an arb one comes up on ebay because everybody wants them.:sad:
Are you on commission Jacket?
It seems like every thread I look at has you trying to flog Ironman stuff ;)

·
Registered
nissan
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cables will be to small for your application. Fog lights are around the 50watt mark and your spotties are around the 100w mark which means some good cooking ;)

TRev
Yeah I was thinking that, (hoping otherwise) just means I install a seperate fused circuit breaker and relay, just hoping I can be lazy

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
Are you on commission Jacket?
It seems like every thread I look at has you trying to flog Ironman stuff ;)
HAHAHA . . . i was just thinking that. nah, nothing to do with them. its just when i bought my arb bullbar i looked at all the bullbars, i was impressed by the similarity to the arb bar.

Im also impressed with the ironman lift kit iv got, and if you're on a budget the ironman is a winner. -if you dont mind paying an extra $500 for a sticker. . . . buy the ARB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts