Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all so I have finally had to upgrade (or downgraded depending on how you look at it) my old GQ (the body hasn't lasted aswell as the TD42) and I have got myself a new 2010 GU man 86,000 on the clock and has been nannad around for that time... I hear lots of mixed things with the the new ones but am looking to see what/if any preventative mods you guys have been doing or should be done, I have heard about dawes valves and egt sensors, is this good for all the zd30ddti or just if your having probs?

thanks in advance guys

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
You don't need to do anything whatsoever with a CRD.

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
I asked this same question many times before I got my 2011 gu. I asked on forums, asked mates who had them, spoke to mechanics etc etc, and they all said exactly what Ray said above. You dont need to do anything whatsoever with a crd :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
I've fitted a provent catch can (surprising how much oil it collects) & fitted the EGT probe into the aftermarket 2.5" Redback Exhaust.
I figured it could not hurt to keep the oil out of the intake & likewise be able to monitor EGT's particularly when towing.
Scanguage shows me boost also (even though the later model CRD's don't have many problems with overbooting) & I did fit a fan to the intercooler though don't know how much difference it made.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Because this applies to all diesels, I didn't mention it in my first post, but I'd highly recommend blocking the EGR valve. That's about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts