Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im deciding whether to keep the dual fuel at the moment or go straight gas i currently cant run on petrol and im forced to run on gas. just thought i'd get a bit of feedback on the pros and cons towards a straight gas setup. i googled a bit of info on gas research but it didnt really give me much towards how much of a challenge/cost it would be. i know most of you would have some kind of setup (even with a turbo)

another thing if i do go straight is what is the largest tank you can get? i currently have a 120L cylinder at the rear but i figure going down that path i would want a larger tank to suit long range (unless there is a smaller tank i could get where the long range petrol is)

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
Why can't you run on petrol? Not easy to fix? The only thing that would worrie me about strait gas is the range and running out of gas in the bush cant really take a few spare tanks of gas just incase like you can jerrys full of petrol.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I agree with Danny40.

I have dual fuel. Mine wasn't running on petrol when I bought it but after changing the fuel pump and O2 sensor (mines a TB42E) it runs like a charm on both.

120litre is the largest tank you will fit underneath.

I can get a range of 900ks with mine.

As Danny said at least with petrol you can carry some jerrys.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The only cost involved will be removing the petrol system.

It will cost more if you want to start adding tanks.

You'll fit an extra 20 to 30L where your sub tank is, or you could fit an extra 60 to 70L behind the back seat. or both it depends how much you want to spend

Then if it currently has a carby fitted you could get a bare TB42E manifold and fit that.
fit the TPS and O2 sensors and supply the needed power them and fit a feedback system.
that will bring a better economy.
Something like the Gastec FP50TOW would work well on something as heavy as a patrol.
If you have an IMPCO system you'd fit an ADP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts