Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done it?
Provided your front and rear axle are in line with each other, the same track width/rim offset and tyre widths etc it's actually a pretty accurate way to set the toe in.

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Never done it on a patrol but thats how I do the missus' bmw. Drive in the shed with the steering wheel straight and align away. Just smidge of tow in and it steers great. No good for adjusting caster though. Although I have seen people using a spirit level ;)

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
solid axle....a tape measure is usually accurate enough. Lol
Ok for measuring between the tyres yes but with a string line you can get them both toed in the same amount from the rear tyre.
One could be too far one way even though they're still toed in and make it pull to one side.

·
Registered
nissan
11,155 Posts
thats how they set supercar toe in and outs. its all string line. though they do have a real cool jig they just bolt to either end of the car so its centre. and just adjust away.also gotta make sure panhard rods are exact or the thing will be all over the shop.

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
.also gotta make sure panhard rods are exact or the thing will be all over the shop.
That's true and adjustables makes it easy to get the front and rear in line.
Just put a new h/d adj draglink and ute tie rod on mine on the w/e and set it up as above. Had to reset the pitman arm on the spline too as it was out from a previous adjustment due to lift and std draglink.
Got max turning both ways now, drives dead straight, none of the typical Patrol pulling to the left syndrome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts