Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had a wheel bearing melt on me and as a result i need to replace my stub axle on my 2003 GU wagon. Anything I need to look out for or tricks to make the job easier? Do you think I should replace my bearing hub while i'm there or would it have handled the heat ?

I have sourced a second hand stub at southside 4x4 parts in brisbane for $165, sounds pretty steep but no ne else seems to stock Gu parts in Brisbane / Gold coast?

·
Registered
nissan
684 Posts
As long as there is no visible damage and the bearing cones are a tight fit the hub should be ok. If you haven't done this job before might pay to get a manual just to be sure.

Stub might sound dear, until you price a new one. LOL

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
mate try East coast 4x4wreckers, he is good on price & will ship over night for very reasonable rate. He is "I think" around 5 dock in Sydney.

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to be sure I'm asking about the right part here and at the wreckers, here's a pic. (Not from my GU, just a pic) The part i'm asking about is the part where the inner race of the bearing seats? i call it a stub axle?

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that mate, better to be sure! I've already got it working for transport reasons but am a bit bit hessitant hitting the tracks till I know its 100%. From what I can see its just 4 bolts and a circlip once you take the hub off? Nothing I'm missing?

Thanks in advance guys, I'll give east coast a call and see if he can help me out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts