Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few thousand km over the last few days I got to Kal this arv and heard a squeeling sound, pulled over and the power steering pump was wobbling around and leaking.
Removed the belt and limped into town.

Repco doesn’t have a listing for one either did autobarn.
sunday tomorrow so will have to wait until monday and ring perth nissan?
Anyone got a second hand one in Kal?
Long shot but worth a try
Still got a few thousand km to get up North..

thanks guys

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,357 Posts
After a few thousand km over the last few days I got to Kal this arv and heard a squeeling sound, pulled over and the power steering pump was wobbling around and leaking.
Removed the belt and limped into town.

Repco doesn’t have a listing for one either did autobarn.
sunday tomorrow so will have to wait until monday and ring perth nissan?
Anyone got a second hand one in Kal?
Long shot but worth a try
Still got a few thousand km to get up North..

thanks guys
Gday mate, repco have a rebuild kit that will be your best bet plenty of info on how to rebuild and tbh very simple i did mine a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
1998 Nissan Patrol Wagon RD28ETi
182 Posts
Might help if you supply details of the engine you are running. RD28,TD42 and TB42 have different model power steering pumps.

If you you can't get secondhand or a rebuild kit, try Patrol'A'Part (I think they are owned by a Nissan dealer in Melbourne) and may have rebuilt/new power steering pumps on the shelf. They also have 2 rebuild kits (gasket/seals kit and the full kit with inner cartridge).

Reactions: grumpyone

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I’ve ordered the seal kit and got a bearing from repco. Hopefully here within a day or two.
Anyone know how many hours labour it should be for a mechanic to reseal the pump?

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,357 Posts
Thanks guys, I’ve ordered the seal kit and got a bearing from repco. Hopefully here within a day or two.
Anyone know how many hours labour it should be for a mechanic to reseal the pump?
I did mine in about 4 hours first attempt so guess will be mechanic could do in half that time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts