Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been suffering with multiple ear infectoins over the last 5 weeks. been to the doctor twice each time i told him i think theres something in there, can we clean them out? but he dosnt even check and gives me a docket for some antibiotics which i hate taking. so after craking the SH%Ts nearlly every day not sleeping at night all i can hear is what sound like someone bashing a peice of corregated iron in the distance and a sharp pain every 5 mins not to mention being partially deaf constantly for 5 WEEKS. i go in again this morning to see a different doctor he takes one look at my ears and says yep theres crap in there. washed them out i feel ten times better and hes says there not even infected just irritated and that there was no need for antibiotics in the first place.
i know feel like going back in and to KO the first doctor and no longer feel like jumping of a building i was going insane:headwall::headwall::headwall::headwall::headwall::headwall::headwall:

i also find out that the nurses can no longer flush your ears it has to be done by the doctor, so was this tool stupid or lazy what a ****head

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
all GP's are taught to do these days..

is write so you cant read it and it looks like a 3 year olds scribble..
tell you to take panadol and drink plenty of water..
pescribe you with antibiotics..
and give ya a peice of paper so you still get paid from work!

and, they make them seem busy by saying you cant see one for 4 weeks,
and make you wait 40 minutes past your appointment time.

i think the worse thing ever.. is having a 'script clinic'
you tell them whats wrong, they go "hmmm.." type in there little data base what you told them,
it recoments a drug, GP writes you a script.. prints it out and hands it to you.
5 minutes later, and wham bam thank you for the $50 ma'am!

pathetic generally.
i feel your frustrations!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Like any other profession, you will find good ones, average ones and poor ones.

Took me ages to find a Dr I could trust, a Physio I could trust and a Dentist I could trust (all are women, maybe it has something to do with their motherly instincts?).

It took me a lot longer to find a good 4wd mechanic I could trust though:eek:

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
and make you wait 40 minutes past your appointment time.
1 hour 20 last time and when I arrived, I was greeted with "your next in".... :shock: and apparently I have a bad attitude for asking how long it will be...

5 minutes later, and wham bam thank you for the $50 ma'am
The only Dr that bulk bills in our area is the methadone clinic in Frankston... $75 per visit... 4 visits for the recent cold/flu I had.. not one time was i in there for more than 5mins.. but did always have scripts, the last lot was over $60 in pills and nasal spray...

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like any other profession, you will find good ones, average ones and poor ones.

i have a good doc but he's on leave untill the end of Nov hes has been my doc for just over 11 yrs. plus i went to him last year with the same problem and it was solved in a week and that was an ear infection not just a bit of crap pissing my ear drum off.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,259 Posts
Yep GPs can be absolute IDIOTS much like alot of 'professionals' these days. I got diagnoised with depression put on anti-depresents and all this other BS and it turns out I had a slow theyroid and just had to go on a course of tablets for a few months, now all good!
There are no good Doctors in my area, they either just give scripts for drugs without knowing the issue or just can't find the issue. We have a high turn over of GPs so we get what were given.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Went to the docs a few weeks ago with what I thought was food poisoning (had a miserable weekend in the tent because of it).
His words were 'you look OK but you really aren't very well at all'.
He suspected it was my appendix. His note to the hospital said 'he is exquisitely tender over McBurney's point', I like that wording!
Anyhow, 2 hours later I was 'nil by mouth' and 2 days later I was minus my appendix.
He was spot on and I can't fault him.

The nurses in the hospital can't be paid enough either IMHO.

·
Registered
nissan
294 Posts
had a lump in my neck seen to, after neck bends and twists plus prodding and poking... told dont worry its arthritis get some physio ... 6 weeks of physio and intense pain, went back to see quack. seen a locum, he S**T and sent for scan which I asked for at first visit, surgery and 6.5 weeks of radiation ... = cancer
formal letter of complaint to surgery and the ist quack wont even see me now ... dont understand why:ranting::ranting:
all good now tho ... been thru hell and back ... still kickin

·
Over there somewhere...
Nissan
666 Posts
had a lump in my neck seen to, after neck bends and twists plus prodding and poking... told dont worry its arthritis get some physio ... 6 weeks of physio and intense pain, went back to see quack. seen a locum, he S**T and sent for scan which I asked for at first visit, surgery and 6.5 weeks of radiation ... = cancer
formal letter of complaint to surgery and the ist quack wont even see me now ... dont understand why:ranting::ranting:
all good now tho ... been thru hell and back ... still kickin
Report him to the AMA. If you don't you'll be wondering who else he will do this to. It may cost them their life!

·
Registered
Nissan
2,879 Posts
A month ago I went to the docter feeling like crap and he suggested I had wasted both of our time by coming without an appointment, sent me home to gargle aspro clear for my sore throat and clarityne antihystamine tabs in case I had an allergy. (Like most fella's I only go when I realy feel I need to)
Felt like I was dying that night and went to another docter at 8 a.m. the next morning, only took a couple of minutes to diagnose pneumonia, I now have no doubt that there are some serious accidents waiting to happen in the medical trade.

·
Registered
nissan
863 Posts
As a nursing student (& a mum) my best advice is go with your gut, if you don't like what the first Dr. said go to another one. In the clinic where I take the kids there are 10 doctors, I trust about 3 of them..... Well I only kind of trust them... I still think we know best when things aren't right.

Had similar stuff happen to hubby, with misdiagnosis of ear blockage & infection.

·
Registered
nissan
241 Posts
I get boils, no idea why but I get one a month or so, the majority are fine they hurt but I just take some panadol and get on with life, occasionally however they will go bad. I had one form in my ear canal, if you've ever had a boil you know how much they hurt when they're squeezed, this thing was constantly squeezed. I couldn't see my usual Dr so I went to another one at the same clinic, she tells me I have an ear infection. I explain the history of boils and that I've had them in my ear canal before and that I need a new script for my regular antibiotics and some stronger pain killers. She then tells me I'm trying to scam drugs and proscribes me ear drops for my ear infection.

I walked out called another surgery and got given the right antibiotics and pain killers without a problem, they didn't even have my history to know I had suffered from them before.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
my best advice is go with your gut, if you don't like what the first Dr. said go to another one.QUOTE]

Agreed 100%, if you don't like the first opinion, then get a second one from another doctor or medical facility.

Its a shame that they can't all diagnose the same these days :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
my best advice is go with your gut, if you don't like what the first Dr. said go to another one.QUOTE]

Agreed 100%, if you don't like the first opinion, then get a second one from another doctor or medical facility.

Its a shame that they can't all diagnose the same these days :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.
at $75 for 5 minutes each time.... its not always an option.

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
146 Posts
I wonder how long they would last if they had to refund you when they gave a wrong diagnosis, pretty sure the ******'s would buck up there game pretty quick then

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

Docs are like Cops, they all close rank and wont admit another stuffed up. For the ear issue, try " Aqua Ear " each morning in the shower. In the warmer weather your ear makes more wax which blocks it up and can cause infections to take hold. You then cant hear out of it.

Regards B M

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cheers Bidgee, i actually went and bought this aqua ear stuff in an atemp to stop the pain, By christ the alcohol level is high you could get mashed off the stuff. stung like crazy cause mt ear drum was scrached.

·
Registered
Nissan
2,879 Posts
cheers Bidgee, i actually went and bought this aqua ear stuff in an atemp to stop the pain, By christ the alcohol level is high you could get mashed off the stuff. stung like crazy cause mt ear drum was scrached.
Word of warning from painfull experience.....

Never store your aqua ear in the fridge with your eye drops!

Because when you get up early in the dim light of morning with sore and blurry eyes and dump aqua ear in one, people will be able to hear you scream across the other side of town!

:headwall:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts