Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents

I currently have a ute with reflective tape I wanna remove, have tried the heat gun trick but it still leaves most the glue behind. I must say its better then without heat but still a right pain in the bullocks.

Any other ideas out there? Wax and grease aint gonna cut the mustard with this pitta full crap :headwall:

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,233 Posts
Caramel wheel will sort the sticker and glue out... Eucylptis oil is good for getting rid of glue also.

·
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Caramel wheel will sort the sticker and glue out... Eucylptis oil is good for getting rid of glue also.
Thanks mate will have a search now, not going to mark the paint?

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Oxy the shlt off, did you mention you want to keep the paint as well ?, one week underground is another sure fire way to make it disappear.
Ah yeah, especially when you wash the ute end of shift and pressure washer the tape from 10mm away and spray yellow glitter all over the wash bay lol

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,233 Posts
Thanks mate will have a search now, not going to mark the paint?
Na it is fine on the paint... Well as long as you don't hold it on the same spot for ages at high speeds.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu6
1,601 Posts
I have used the heat gun to get most if it off.
Then go over it with paint thinners and a rag.
Anf no it did not damage or take off any paint.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Thanks gents ill give some of them a go
I wasn't being serious about the Oxy, just incase you were contemplating it.

The Oxy is good when you have reached the point of no fcuk's given and feels gratifying to use it.

·
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wasn't being serious about the Oxy, just incase you were contemplating it.

The Oxy is good when you have reached the point of no fcuk's given and feels gratifying to use it.
Lol, wasnt an option mate

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was going to mention flap disc on a grinder and respray the car but you want to keep the paint. that stuff is very hard to remove even with the salt water from underground

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
I am in the same kinda predicament as Gassed. My number plate holder fell off on the weekend and it was glued to the back door. All the glue (black stuff) has hardened over the last 25 years and I can't get rid of it. I've tried thinners, Goof Off, plastic scrapers, WD40, just about every solvent/detergent we have in the house and it still remains. Looks like I'll try the caramel wheel next but to me it loks like the glue has been clear coated over (it's not but it looks like it).

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
i used wd40 to remove the residue, doe go easy on the spray though, and would wash it off as soon as i could.

not sure on your 25 year old stuff though haha.

·
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I found a caramel wheel down at auto1 for $12 so boutght 2 and went home and gave it a crack.AWSOME GEAR

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Strewth, think I'll have to grab one of those wheels myself!

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,233 Posts
I only post useful and informative things these days

1 - 20 of 24 Posts