Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..been havn issues with sub tank warning light. so today i jus shorted the positive with sub tank fuel pump to make sure pump works..and YES it works!!. i had it pumping for about 5 to 10 mins..was watching the gauges and saw the main fuel tank gauge going up slowly but the sub tank gauge didnt move from full.
My question..if sub tank fuel gauge doesnt work would that bring sub tank warning light on?? i might try transfer it a bit longer to c if it moves..

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Issue I have had with sub tank warning light (stayed on after ignition started) was resolved by resetting warning light - pump still worked and so did gauge. To reset, you need to disconnect battery and second battery if you have one for a few minutes. Reconnecting batteries had reset my warning light and gauge and pump continuted to work fine. This may not be your problem but hope it is helpful.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,099 Posts
This is quite often a earthing problam. The sub tank has issues with a decent earth. Run an earth cable from the chassis to the body of the car, then reset the fault by disconnecting the battery. You will find easy bolts on the front left corner of the car near the horn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts