Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what is the best way of hooking up my sub tank. Should I make it work as 2 separate tanks or just use a transfer pump from sub tank to main tank? I know the landcruisers set them up as 2 separate tanks so can i use the wiring etc from 1 of those. vehicle is a gq td42. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
TD42 runs a return line.
so if you run them as 2 tanks you need 2 changeover valves, one for suction and the other for return.

how big is the sub tank?
I'd suggest a transfer pump, make sure its the type that does not allow fuel to flow when switched off.
ensure the breather from the main tank returns overflow fuel to the sub tank, and put a gauge on the sub tank so you know when its empty.

·
Registered
nissan
4,823 Posts
Wise words MikeH
I know how many times i overflowed mine! when it goes back in it will have as you have suggested.
does not help when it is the same size tank as main

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sub tank is bout 70ltrs. I know there is alot more stuffing round hookin up as two seperate tanks, was just thinking if main tank gets damaged then you still have another tank.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Sub tank is bout 70ltrs. I know there is alot more stuffing round hookin up as two seperate tanks, was just thinking if main tank gets damaged then you still have another tank.
If you keep some epoxy in the car, tank damage is probably repairable. Whatever way you hook it up, you have still lost the fuel from the damaged tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts