Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan GU
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The sub tank warning light on the dash remains on and the sub tank will not drain. I have disconnected the baterry to reset the system but still no luck. Does anyone have other suggestions to try and fix this issue...cheers

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
The sub tank warning light on the dash remains on and the sub tank will not drain. I have discinected the baterry to reset the system but still no luck. Does anyone have other suggestions to try and fix this issue...cheers
How long did you have the battery disconnected for? Some have had the Control Unit reset after an hour os so others needed overnight.

Next most common issue with the sub tanks seems to be earthing, maybe give an extra earth wire a try?

·
Registered
Nissan GU
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the battery disconnected overnight. I will get an earth wire today and see how that goes...cheers

·
Registered
338 Posts
Greetings,
dont know if it will help peterlaw 60, but I had to disconnect both batteries on mine to get that light to go off. If you have got 2 batteries maybe try this too.
truck

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Hi, Like Truck, I disconnected the crank battery and the aux/second battery before the sub tank warning light on the dash reset. It was only for five minutes to let any capacitors completely drain. It worked for me and the light reset with the pump also working. But it took disconnecting both batteries (or any additional power sources that you may have).

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
When i was at nissan dealer we had to wire all accessories of battery instead of ignition switch as these would bring light on if wired at ignition switch

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
All of the above (including mine) is assuming there hasn't been a genuine fault to illuminate the warning light of course...

·
Registered
352 Posts
This thread may help, its not the only thread on the topic. If you have tried all of the things mentioned and listed by various people, get back to us with a detailed list of your symptoms.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/sub-tank-warning-light-20079/

Firstly, begin with by checking all your fuses. Sounds obvious, but a blown fuse in a circuit that seems to have no relation to the fuel circuit could be the culprit.

·
Registered
Nissan GU
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your help. So far I have tried the following:

1/ Disconected the battery
2/ Installed two additional earth stasps
3/ Pulled all fuses to ensure that none have blown

The warning light actually went off for a whole 30 seconds before going back on again. Nissan has had my truck on two occassions an cannot fix it........... I am so over this that I might just have to install a manual switch to run the pump so that I can transfer the fuel....

Has anyone done this before ??

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
The old mans car spent 2 weeks at Nissan trying to find the problem.

They have discovered that it is a problem with the cluster.

So we are just going to replace it. We tried every thing listed but still no go.
$2150 for a new cluster isn't ver fun :(

·
Banned
nissan
477 Posts
Same problem on mine and it was the sender in the main tank.

Tried everything mentioned here first.

·
Registered
Nissan GU
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Agree, this is my third patrol, the others being ST models and no faults at all. This one has had that many electrical faults it's not funny.

Can anyone advise if they have run a switch direct to the sub tank pump so you can simply transfer the fuel ??

Cheers...Peter

·
Registered
Nissan 2002 GU TD42 Coil Cab
255 Posts
Had this problem and I went right through the wiring system pulling and cleaning the connections and earths.
Low and behold the problem was my auxillary battery was dead, fitted new battery and light went out.
Spoke to Nissan and an auto elect and they couldn't explain why?
Anyway all is well and working.

·
Registered
Nissan GU
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TJ ...Dont have a spare battery as it is a 4.8 TI and no room for it when I purchased it new. I did install a Thumper about 18 months ago but the issue did not occur until 6 weeks ago......Cheers

1 - 20 of 33 Posts