Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas i'm in need of some knowledge from the subject matter experts in car audio installs
I'm in the process of installing my rear drawers, i ended up purchasing this set after i was working on my mkIII and it will require modifications to install my 2 10 inch subwoofers.

I would have to remove the top drop down storage if i was going to have them on the top shelf (blue line is about the height of the top shelf. Where i have one sitting in the below pic, i would be modifying the top shelf to fit this in, cutting ut a section. for it to fit there (grills are on order).

The brackets that will the mount the speaker in are what i am concerned about, if i bent up some flat bar as per the redlines and have these bolted in through the top of the cage doen to the wooden side board holding the amps, wood scres thorugh that and the subwoofer will this hold and handle the vibrations etc? would there be anything else i should be concerned with? I would be mounting in the second subwoofer same on the passenger side.

Thanks
Bruce

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Vibrations are my main concern so i'll just go a few extra wood screws then.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they're in, had a mate weld up some ally brackets for me. Did the trick.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
Real nice install mate, very unusual. Should do the trick, good use of generally wasted space. Would be interesting to listen to this setup when complete. Cheers

Reactions: BJHilly

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The shelf definitely gave them a bit more oomph!

·
I trust your dash vents are clean...
nissan
732 Posts
real neat install and excellent idea for placement!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts