Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day All,

This has happened to me on a couple of occasions now. I've been driving along quite happilty (Suburban stuff <80km/h, <2500rpm) then all of a sudden I get a complete loss of power - The engine goes basically back to idle and there is no response from the throttle, then after about a couple of seconds everything comes back to normal.

It did it twice to me yesterday (last time was about 10 seconds after changing to 3rd gear, 65km/h, 2200rpm). It did it to me about half a dozen times in one trip over a month ago but I've had no problems till yesterday.

The Engine is completely stock (05 ZD30Di) all the filteres got changed about 5000K's ago.

The only thing different that i did between it paying up a month ago and going driving yesterday was I had washed out the engine bay after returning from a weekend camping on the beach.. I cant be sure but I may have cleaned the engine last time aswell, but I'm not sure about that one.

Any ideas what my fault could be would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Overboost causing limp mode

It sounds like the ECU is triggering limp mode after detecting excessive boost. In a stock engine dirty sensors such as the MAF or the overboost sensor at the intercooler can cause this.

Do a Title Only search for overboost and you will get more info.

Grogey

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've just been looking a bit further into my fault and had a look at the ECU fault codes (suprisingly easy after reading the Reference doc :D ) and it looks like it had two codes

0403 Accelerator Position Sensor
(out of range signal received from sensor or switch assembly)
Circuit malfunction, Accelerator Position Sensor failure,
Accelerator Pedal Dual Contact Position Switch failure, ECM failureand

1405 NATS ??

Do you think these codes could be related to my fault ?? and is there anything i could do about them, ie clean the TPS etc???

I also couldn't find much info about the NATS code..., anyone know exactly what this code is???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts