Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunny Coast to Adelaide via the Great Ocean Road, I'm going to visit our southern "colleagues". Being a ZD30 I'm taking 50 sets of pistons, 20 heads and 500 tubes of Stag Sealant :).

Haven't done the GOR since 98 so I'm sure it has changed in many respects, doing a dash to Touqey then ambling along the GOR slowly.

After 98 I planned my next trip along the GOR to be in a Shelby Cobra but I can't afford one so the Troll will have to do :).

Anyone have specific GOR sights they recommend that I should watch out for along the way? Probably come back up through the Hay Planes like I did the last time I visited the SA guy's, they were in flood and very spectacular. :driving:

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
So you are heading right down the east coast to Melbourne, then GOR to rAdelaide?

Too many nice towns and breathtaking scenery along there to mention. Take your time and even plan to stay overnight somewhere so you can enjoy the place.
Watch out for speed cameras too, I hear they are pretty ruthless in the city limit areas...

Will be great to catch up when you get here!

Reactions: geeyoutoo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know NSW and most of Vic like the back of my hand so only stopping to sleep on the way down to Torquey. Have allowed 3 days to do the GOR before hitting AD late in the afternoon.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Sunny Coast to Adelaide via the Great Ocean Road, I'm going to visit our southern "colleagues". Being a ZD30 I'm taking 50 sets of pistons, 20 heads and 500 tubes of Stag Sealant :).

Haven't done the GOR since 98 so I'm sure it has changed in many respects, doing a dash to Touqey then ambling along the GOR slowly.

After 98 I planned my next trip along the GOR to be in a Shelby Cobra but I can't afford one so the Troll will have to do :).

Anyone have specific GOR sights they recommend that I should watch out for along the way? Probably come back up through the Hay Planes like I did the last time I visited the SA guy's, they were in flood and very spectacular. :driving:
great drive, mines done Ad- goldcoast about 8 times, I took 10 rads. each time :p GOR is great, some of the small towns have expanded a little, some of the corners widened. Enjoy...:)

Reactions: geeyoutoo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts