Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, have searched but couldn't find anything on someone I can trust to chat to and install the nad protection for my 05. I'm not the best mechanical person around but normally would have a crack at it but when it comes to something as important as that I'm not keen to mess around. I was headed to mike vine for the $1400 kit but after ready several threads I'm not entirely sure that's the way I should go??

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
Where are you? Narrow down Sunshine Coast just a little. We may be able to work out a place to have a chat and a look at what you have and where you want to go with it.

There aren't too many I would trust with the whole job, I would break it down into a series of smaller jobs (ie get boost and EGT gauges fitted as one task to get professionally done), I'm more than happy to help guide you through the excercise.

We also have our Sunny Coast Show n Shine coming up where you will see a few other vehicles and I was going to add a brief NADS session as well on the day, see details in 1st post of Show n Shine, Competitions and Events section.

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im in Caloundra mate but willing to travel anywhere. I am hearing so many different variations to what should be done but everyone on this site to be on the same page( well almost). Thanks for your offer mate, I'm sure i will take it up once i have the car mid week. The show and shine sounds good too, be nice to see whats possible and get ideas. Im just trying to sort a vin issue at the moment.... its got 2004 on the rego sticker but was advertised as a 2005, just done a revs search and it comes up as 2005.

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you go through with the whole process or just gauges and EGR to start... If you don't mind me asking.... how much did it set you back??

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU III ST
50 Posts
Hey Brownhornet,
I live in curra,s and took my troll to get an investigation done(maf sensor) at Sunshine Coast 4x4 centre in maroochydore. I haven't got them to do my boost & EGT yet as I didn't get a chance to chat with them(partner took it up).

The car came back running better cause they changed some exhaust gaskets and diagnosed the issue. Give them a buzz as geeyoutoo recommended them to me and he's a guru on here.

Good luck and let me know what they say!

Laingy

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU III ST
50 Posts
Where are you? Narrow down Sunshine Coast just a little. We may be able to work out a place to have a chat and a look at what you have and where you want to go with it.

There aren't too many I would trust with the whole job, I would break it down into a series of smaller jobs (ie get boost and EGT gauges fitted as one task to get professionally done), I'm more than happy to help guide you through the excercise.

We also have our Sunny Coast Show n Shine coming up where you will see a few other vehicles and I was going to add a brief NADS session as well on the day, see details in 1st post of Show n Shine, Competitions and Events section.
Where and when will the show n shine event be held? Be keen on that.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Reactions: Laingy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts