Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang.

I have finally just finished up rolling all my super into one account and wondering how people are sitting with theirs? And anyone know what sort of investments are best to go with? Mine currently is 100% cash.. Is this a good way to go? Is it worth the risk going for the bigger investment options.

I'm 35yo with 80k is this on par? It seems low to me.. but i may be wrong.

P.S. Don't turn this into a pissing match about who has the most money :)

P.P.S If you don't feel comfy posting up your worth that is fine also.

Cheers.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,659 Posts
I changed mine to higher risk investment about 4yrs ago. I got a nervous over the last twelve with how things were on the global market, as I'm not a big risk taker. ;)

Foo

Reactions: Softy

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,031 Posts
At your age you can afford to take higher risk with investment, are you self managing? If so that is very time consuming and fraught with danger as even the experts get it wrong, good management and diversification is the key. My Super management fees have just been slashed recently signed new paperwork, start shopping around for a good manager and deal.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ross,

I guess mine is self managed.. but i just go with what StateWide Super have is set at (100% cash)

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,659 Posts
At your age you can afford to take higher risk with investment, are you self managing? If so that is very time consuming and fraught with danger as even the experts get it wrong, good management and diversification is the key. My Super management fees have just been slashed, startvshopping around for a good manager and deal.
No, I don't have time for that, nor the patience. :nono:

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,659 Posts
Ross,

I guess mine is self managed.. but i just go with what StateWide Super have is set at (100% cash)
Do you salary sacrifice?

Foo

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,603 Posts
Your amount looks good . I'm self employed and do my own contributions of $100 a week this weeks total $49000 . I didn't start getting supper till I was 40 now 15 years latter . Last year I changed who I had it with and now pay less fees and have a better yield. current super is with Sunsuper a Qld company. yes it is a low amount but a divorce took some of it.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,031 Posts
Do you salary sacrifice?

Foo
That is a very god question and very important, in many ways. Any amount he can afford.

·
Registered
nissan
11,032 Posts
my super goals is to get away from letting someone else deal with it.
i think i have around 40k in super with mtaa. but i work for myself now so it hasnt had any cash put into it in a while now. id love to bring it over to a self managed fund and put it where i know it will make money.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,659 Posts
I do not.. But that is probably a good idea? even $20 a week?
You need to do it and I'd do $50 a week. If you don't have the money each week, you won't miss it and besides, you are single so have a better opportunity to do it. :idea: ;)

I'm thinking that I can now restart this now. ;)

Foo

Reactions: 45/70

·
Registered
Nissan
740 Posts
I’m with statewide also and they have automatically allocated it all over about 8 or 9 diff things.
I recently put 10% as high risk and have noticed it going up a bit quicker so I’m considering going more % high risk

All can be seen and changed on statewide app
I’m only 28 and don’t really have any idea about any of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,659 Posts
Your amount looks good . I'm self employed and do my own contributions of $100 a week this weeks total $49000 . I didn't start getting supper till I was 40 now 15 years latter . Last year I changed who I had it with and now pay less fees and have a better yield. current super is with Sunsuper a Qld company. yes it is a low amount but a divorce took some of it.
That's where mine is. ;)

Foo

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,603 Posts
my super goals is to get away from letting someone else deal with it.
i think i have around 40k in super with mtaa. but i work for myself now so it hasnt had any cash put into it in a while now. id love to bring it over to a self managed fund and put it where i know it will make money.
Just remember while your not contributing they are still taking their fees and charges out. I lost a lot that same way.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You need to do it and I'd do $50 a week.
Foo

See that is that thing.. I dunno why But i can not seeing myself living past say 50yo no idea why..

Maybe i am realist?

Why should i piss my money into super with no reward? I guess my little bro will live well from it. :lol:

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,659 Posts
See that is that thing.. I dunno why But i can not seeing myself living past say 50yo no idea why..

Maybe i am realist?

Why should i piss my money into super with no reward? I guess my little bro will live well from it. :lol:
Nupe, you're a negative thinker. ;)

I'm to stubborn in my thinking, because I intend making it into my 90s and be still racing/riding my bike. :bigthumb:

Foo

Reactions: grumpyone

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,603 Posts

Maybe i am realist?

Better than pissing it down the toilet.

·
Registered
nissan
21,636 Posts
Can't see yourself living past 50? Funny thing that, when I was a young
bloke I thought I'd be gone by 60. Dunno why, but it didn't happen.

·
Registered
nissan
21,636 Posts
Foo, you'll make the 90's OK. A piss in the hand. A long-lived dad and
physically fit. Hell, you'll still be driving the friggin' truck when you're 80.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,031 Posts

Maybe i am realist?

C'mon, and Esty reckons I've got a death wish :rolleyes:. So you don't take charge of your finances and you live to 79.4 (last time I checked that was average AU male lifespan) and finish up a pauper, not a great way to live when with a little effort and planning you could finish your days in comfort.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts