Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a problem with the new Superior engineering adj drag I got to solve my steering wheel issues I had after a wheel alignment.

Prob I have is after I had the adj draglink installed when I turn left it sometimes makes a clunking noise, not all the time but is fairly reguarly.. The workshop that installed it says they cant find what the noise is, but as I am going on a 6,000km round trip to Victoria for xmas, id really like to get it sorted..

Should I take it somewhere like Pedders? or any suggestions what the noise could be

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
151 Posts
get a mate/missus to sit in the car while you sit under the front of it...get them to jerk the steering wheel left and right really quickly while your sitting at the front of the car....do this with the car turned off....if it is a bad problem it should definetely show up when u do this.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
mine was doing this for a while , ended up pulling the split pins to the draglink out and tightened up the nuts some more, noise is now gone

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
check that it is fitted properly, the clamp bolt need to be facing forwards down at the knuckle on the diff, if it is on backwards the tie rod end will make contact with the panhard mounting bolt.
there are endless photos of these fitted on our website, if you are not sure just give us a call and we will be able to help.

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
when i installed mine i had this problem, ended up being backwards and the drag link nut was smashing against the panhard rod nut (as said above) take it off, spin it around and you'll have no probs!!

cheers

phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts