Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question , looking at getting rid of my superior drop/super flex arms (if anyone wants them) and fitting a set of Hybid arms , just wondering of there legality, as i got my drop arms mod plated, i wonder if the hybrids will also be ok , but im thinking they wont be due to the drop box

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Doesn't say on their website. Is everything else legal on yout truck ?

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
From earlier conversations they went through the testing to get them compliant. But as it IS a mod to a critical component it will need to be plated still ( from my understanding)

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,157 Posts
Talk to your certifier mate. That is the best way to get the right answer.

Superior told me they could not be mod plated, but I do not see why, as they use a common design. I decided not do go ahead with them, so did not follow it up.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Ask David Metcafle

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
This is from their website regarding their normal arms.

The Performance Series radius arms are legal for use on the road once the proper engineer approval has been completed.
They are supplied with holes drilled for the sway bars, ABS lines and paperwork required for engineer approval.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
42 Posts
the hybrid arms are not legal and cannot be plated.. flex arms you can plate been threw it with dave Metcalf engineering

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Don't mean to take the topic off track but what about buds long arm kit as that right places the whole cross member?
I currently have the hybrid flex arms and the way they handles bumps like square kurbs is 100 times better than standard arms.
I would love my next truck to be legal but seems almost impossible

1 - 8 of 8 Posts