Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Superwinch X9 Advice

7220 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  pignfish
We put a bid in on this winch SUPER WINCH SUPERWINCH X9 4WD Recovery Winch (eBay item 110623258795 end time 18-Dec-10 12:24:50 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
and missed out, but the person has offered us a second chance offer to purchase it for $360.

We dont know a lot about winches, besides the obvious that Warn, Tigerz etc have a good reputation.

Is this winch good value at this price?

Going by its description it was for a Toyota but I am reasonably confident I can make it work on the Patrol. Or is there something I am missing and its not able to be wired up to the Patrol?

It is supposedly new but has been sitting in a garage for several years, could this be a problem?

It will cost me around $50-60 to courier it to Tassie.

Perhaps for the small amount of use I will get out of a winch I would be better of buying one of the Chinese eBay ones, or one from my local supercrap store for $360 that comes with a warranty but it would be Chinese as well?

Thanks for any advice.

See less See more
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
If you are guaranteed that it is in working order then that is a cheap winch.

If you have no guarantee from teh seller that it works, you get it and have to rebuild a motor then it could cost another few hundred. Winches are relatively easy to pull apart and rebuild so almost anything is repairable. But if you want the assurance that it works then get a Tigerz or Mako whinch both have seals around the drum and motor so will not get water inside when you drive through rivers. In Tassi that might be an advantage in not having to service it as often.
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.