Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after a surface mount switch, so i can turn my canopy light on from the headboard, in between the cab and the tray, but can't drill a hole anywhere for it.

So i need a switch that canhave the wires just run into it, any ides, i've searched here and google, found nothing.

Any ideas?

Hope that makes sense

Cheers

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Grab a small "J" box mate and mount the switch into the face of that, you can get some with a removable face and i just drilled the right size hole in that and then double sided tap for the body of the "J" box.

These are what i used in my Camper mate but i mounted them through.
5X BRAND NEW 12V DC WATERPROOF ROCKER NEON BULB SWITCH (eBay item 270617397774 end time 02-Dec-10 23:30:33 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

I used a "J" box to mount up a battery isolation switch in teh side of the rear drwers for the anderson plug to the rear.

or use something like this.

12V 12 LED SWIVEL CABIN BOAT/CARAVAN/CAR LIGHT + SWITCH (eBay item 170557142569 end time 04-Nov-10 20:38:01 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

·
Weekend Warrior
10,372 Posts
you could get someone to weld an aluminium/steel tang to the unseen side of the headboard, so you could drill a couple of holes for a more common switch in a box

or do what mudrunner suggests but use countersunk screws from the seen side of the headboard.

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I have used these in my camper too mate and they are a ripper and would definately get it done for you. Just run 2 core speaker wire from your light to this switch then to your supply and you are on a winner.

I used these switches for all of the internal LED lighting in the tent areas of the camper trailer as i needed flexibility in the wiring.

I used these switches in combination with this

5m Cool White SMD 3528 Waterproof Flexible LED Strip: eBay Motors (item 390152607438 end time Dec-01-10 05:10:08 PST)

I stuck the LED strip cut to length on a conduit and attached it to the top of the tent in the camper and ran a wire down the tent frame and then use one of those inline switches. Works a treat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts