Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
suspension/wheels & the authorities

Would I expect to be hassled much by the authorities with a 4" lift and 35's on a GU? (I am from the SE suburbs)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Keep the car clean and the tyres clean and make it look like you have done everything professionally and look like you take care of your car and generally they will leave you alone.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you think I'd attract much attention with 33's instead on the 4" lift? Or is the lift still attractive?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
It's a bit like the question.. how long is a piece of string... Soooooo many different answers...
agree.
only takes 1 cop to get the ****s with you and your marked for life. Been there done that with bikes.. :headwall:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I am on a 3" lift and 35"s in Melbourne .....dont even get a second look from the rozzas...... I do avoid pulling up right behind them ( a rear view mirror full of winch may attract their attention ) or beside if I can help it.

One thing with patrols...those wheel arches smuggle 35's very well

Dont draw any attention be sensible and 95% of the time they will not be interested.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Going back awhile now 7 or 8 years, drove around a corner in Clayton on my way home at night and found myself cought up in a police blitz on jap rice burners that had been in the news once again for there illegal street drags ect not long after easter nats. No need for old mr cop to run there little wheel under my vehicle, 3" spring lift, 2'' body lift and a set of 35's on 15x10 rims that I was running at the time. I had upgraded headlights with 90/100 globes a broken rear tail light and no number plate light, they asked for my licence and for me to get out . With that copper checking my licence 3 others came over and were interested in asking where I go bush, whats it like to drive and just general chit chat . Copper came back with my licence which was all clear and off I went .
Yes that night I was not the target, lucky mabey, but I do know they chase us also and set up on the major roads leading to good 4WD tracks, looking for the obvious like tyres out past the gards, mud flaps level with axels, external bead locks ect ect . You know what you want your 4x4 for, if your going to use it put the 4" lift with 35's on, dont sweat when you see the coppers , keep your stock gear in case the **** does hit the fan and you need to get a RWC . Good luck , dont stress, there are no problems only solutions. Thats my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
when i wet to bob jane to get my maxxis , i asked them if i could get 35's they said yes but they warned me about them been illegal , they had just recently fitted a guy in a 2004 gu with 35"s , drove out the front and got pulled up out the front of the shop ? what gives , what makes tyres and suspension illegal , dont we do these mod to make them more stable etc ? as long as you maintaing braking distance , bigger better disc why should there be such a problem ?
my 2 cents .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts