anyone have any tips on this install ?
should be fairly straight forward

I must say Shane from suspension stuff... what a top bloke
SOOOOOOOO bloody helpfull :) thanks mate
pics up when the kit goes in

·
Registered
208 Posts
How much u fork out for that? Cause I doin pretty much exact same thing this weekend to mine :D can't wait to get stuck into it.....

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
nice work mate, cant wait to see the pics :) how much did it set u back?
cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah excited put some pics up chicken
2600 all up. bargin i recon

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
obviously you hadnt of heard of Big O 4x4 in Adelaide?

sorry, but i do believe he is cheaper, and you would have gotten dropped raduis arms not boxes.
MHO anyways..

and tut-tut for not spending your money locally is SA!

BUT, ive heard nothing but good work from Shane, hope you enjoy his kit :)

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
Mate do yourself a massive favor and rig him back and get a set of lower control arms. You will more than likely snap yours when wheeling hard and trust me the end result and dollar figure is massive
Also what shocks you going for?

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mate do yourself a massive favor and rig him back and get a set of lower control arms. You will more than likely snap yours when wheeling hard and trust me the end result and dollar figure is massive
Also what shocks you going for?
i will mate everyone says that he even told me. but concidering ive spent about 10000 buks on the mav in the last month its gonna have to wait. i wont bne doing anything serious until i get them and also a superior drag link. i went for the suspension stuff shocks as i dont want the softness of the pro comps. and it helped keep the price down. i figure i can always upgrade the shocks later thats the easy bit :)

also old school hero. i looked at big o's gear and the price is basically the same although u r right i would get driopped arms but i dunno havent heard much about his stuff and my kit has all superior enginering bars which i am glad about. i may get some of big o's dropped arms if there r people on here that can vouch for them :) as far as the money leavin SA. its much for muchness i spend in qld which supports flood victoms and some other bloke from qld will spend his cash down here :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The coils in the kit are out of a 20% higher tensile material with a better design. If you want to know the spring rates, check out the vendors section under Suspension Stuff then Flexy Coils. I haven't put them on the web site yet but I probably will sometime over the next week now Steve will be back from holidays.

·
Registered
208 Posts
will put some pics up when i'm finish :) did the dropboxes today.....what a dog of a job that is O_O lol.....mine set me back bout 1200ish ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Mate congrats on ur kit. Ull be loving it once its all in.
Ive got big o drop radius arms. And cant recomend it more.once I had my car on a jack changing my front tyre and the car sliped and jack ended up right where the arm connects to chassie.hard.no damage....had his kit In for bout a year or so.his arms are In some comp cars aswell. And top price.

But yeah sounds like u have a good kit.just giving u my 2 cents

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The coils in the kit are out of a 20% higher tensile material with a better design. If you want to know the spring rates, check out the vendors section under Suspension Stuff then Flexy Coils. I haven't put them on the web site yet but I probably will sometime over the next week now Steve will be back from holidays.
shane r u saying that have a new design in the coils that im gettin?

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the info green troll
ill c how i go with the boxes like with the shocks i can always upgrade down the track
but i think it will be a perfect setup for what i wanna do with it

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
i got the 3 inch flexi kit for my shorty a few weeks ago. Good price and good people to deal with.

i also went the suspension stuff shocks,can always change them to bigger units down the track if need be,im sure they will be fine.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
nah not yet,im still painting mine. i have to wait to put the new 35's and the lift in after i take it over the pits.

i just got some 12mm radius arm spacers to bring the diff forward a touch so the wheels clear the back of the guards

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
If your coils are black Mike or sold as our Flexy Coil you will have the good coils.

Drop boxes will always drive nicer then radius arms because your arms are more level meaning the forces go through the springs instead of through the arms which transfers to a shunt to the body, you will also climb a vertical rock much better with drop boxes because with a radius arm, as the tyre tries to climb it actually has to push the vehicle back because of the arc it operates in.

Radius arms have better clearance though.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If your coils are black Mike or sold as our Flexy Coil you will have the good coils.

Drop boxes will always drive nicer then radius arms because your arms are more level meaning the forces go through the springs instead of through the arms which transfers to a shunt to the body, you will also climb a vertical rock much better with drop boxes because with a radius arm, as the tyre tries to climb it actually has to push the vehicle back because of the arc it operates in.

Radius arms have better clearance though.
lol well ur about to send me the springs mate so u tell me r they black ? lol

so ur saying that a drop box setup will actually drive nicer than dropped arms?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts