Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have just started an adventure tour 4x4 company in Colombia's Jungle Mountains. We bought an '82 patrol and are busy releasing the beast within.

Is there anyone our there who could give us some much needed advice on upgrading suspension? We only want to raise it by about 50mm and have a smother ride through the mud and over the rocks.

Any links would be a bonus and help speed up the ordering process :)

Ed

·
Registered
nissan
338 Posts
Hello! I have just started an adventure tour 4x4 company in Colombia's Jungle Mountains. We bought an '82 patrol and are busy releasing the beast within.

Is there anyone our there who could give us some much needed advice on upgrading suspension? We only want to raise it by about 50mm and have a smother ride through the mud and over the rocks.

Any links would be a bonus and help speed up the ordering process :)

Ed
Hi Ed, I own a colombian 83 patrol up here in Canada. Most fellas here would say a 2" lift kit and a 1" body lift is the best /easiest combination iirc. Personally i have just the 2"
Good luck with it all, I am sure some experienced fellas will chime in soon

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,991 Posts
A 2" lift is a good starting point will allow you to run 33" tyres.
ARB leaves are supposed to be very good.
Unless you're carrying a lot of weight all the time, go for light duty or comfort springs, they'll give a nicer ride and articulate better.

·
Registered
Nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you James and Jazzie. If your ever in the Colombian Carribbean please stop on at my hostel for a night on me, www.casaelemento.com

Do you guys know of a website I can order these parts from? Getting anything over here is a real pain in the a**, pardon my French.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr
920 Posts
Hola edwardmeikle

first it is not a mk/mq it is a G61,

go to Pasion 4×4 Aventura
AV KA30 No 80-55
(57)+1 257 97 10

or
iguana 4x4
They have stores in Barranquilla and Bogotá

Very good guys

·
Mr G60
890 Posts
Hola edwardmeikle

first it is not a mk/mq it is a G61,

go to Pasion 4×4 Aventura
AV KA30 No 80-55
(57)+1 257 97 10

or
iguana 4x4
They have stores in Barranquilla and Bogotá

Very good guys
Motor (p40), trans (4spd), t-case and axles are the same as MQ/MK though.

Put lockers in it front and rear and it will be unstoppable. ;)

Cheers

·
Mr G60
890 Posts
Thank you James and Jazzie. If your ever in the Colombian Carribbean please stop on at my hostel for a night on me, Casa Elemento. Above Minca, Colombia. home

Do you guys know of a website I can order these parts from? Getting anything over here is a real pain in the a**, pardon my French.
Awesome, I have been to Cartagena x3 myself, will look you up on my next trip! :)

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts