Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am have a gu rear leaf sprung ute. i am wanting to get more flex out of the back. any recomendations on how do do this. also i was wondering if i could change it to rear coils as well if i can wat is involed to do this.. any help would be great thanks

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Changing to coils, can be cheaper to buy a chassis and do a swap, several on here have done it.. ****ed if I could be bothered.

·
builder not a buyer!
2,703 Posts
How far do you want to go? What's your budget? Do you use your ute to carry loads?

Each of these will determine what's the best to go about gaining more flex

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i use the ute for work which some days i carry aroud bricks, timber, dirt etc. but i normal dont have it loaded up the only time is when i go camping. i have 110l waco, 2 dogs, camping gear, fishing gear. as buget wise goes if it gunna be cheaper to seal the ute and buy a coil one i will do that but if it dosent invole much to change the rear to coils i will do that

·
Registered
627 Posts
hi mate,

yeh pretty expensive to do the conversion, espically if you have to pay someone to do it.

for a cheaper alternaitve you could do what i did which was to buy 2 -28 CSA steel wheels and wack them on the back. gets to rear track closer to the front and enables the rear diff to clear the chassis when flexing. thus enabling more flex

fyi my front steel wheels are 0 offset, rear neg28.

gets front and rear track within 22mm each side, rather that 50mm difference

obviously selling the leaf for a coil is the go if you are chasing flex....

cheers

kyle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts