Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I recently boosted my datto with an eBay turbo (plan on changin it later when I get more power hungry) but it's sitting on a radius fab top mount manifold, patrol docta airbox custom 3" dump and 3" straight through exhaust. My question is my egt guage is only ready 400 and that's the highest I have hit up a hill labouring it. Around town flogging it it doesn't even go over 250. Am I over boosting or is it just that is so free flowing? Any info at all would help

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,016 Posts
Where is the EGT probe located?

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
What boost are you running and how many Kay's on the pump? Oh I presume no cooler!?
I have the same problem and basically it's cos my pump in ****** out! I can load mine right up (see sig) and it struggles to hit 400 deg with pyro in dump. Sounds like you are lacking fuel!

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pump is reconditioned with bout 7000k on it and no cooler running 14. I got egt to 400 today in the sand flogging it

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Have you turned the fuel up yet?

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a little bit. I think I was over boosted because it was boost spiking to 22 until I turned it down to 15 max now my problem is it hit 15 psi at 3200 rpm is there any way to get the 15 at a later rev range

·
Registered
nissan
344 Posts
may i ask why would you want to get max boost at a later rev range? 3200rpm is already pretty high in the revs to get only 15 pound. It wouldn't leave you with much revs to play with on full boost.

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I see what your saying so when I go to 20 once the cooler is on I'll never actually hit 20becayse I run out of revs.

·
Registered
nissan
344 Posts
what turbo are you running? and what are you using for boost control?

adding fuel will make the turbo spool up quicker but at the same time the higher your egt's will be.

if your egt's are maxed out at 400 you still have some room for more fuel.

To get the best possible outcome i would highly recommend getting a good diesel tuner to do your pump timing and fuel adjustment.

·
Registered
nissan
344 Posts
any turbo specs?

try going 1/8 turns of the fuel screw and find a nice long hill to load it up on in 4th gear, aim for max egt 500c to be safe.

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only got ar60 on it and that's what I been doin but when I done a full half turn and only got that temp I thought something must be strange

·
Registered
nissan
344 Posts
replaced fuel filter, and check gauze filter on IP? could maybe be a fuel flow issue or just needs more turning on the fuel screw. what EGT gauge you using

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fuel filter is bout 100ks old injector pump had done bout 7000 since reconditioning. How deep does the probe need to be?

·
Registered
nissan
344 Posts
the tip of the probe in the center of the exhaust

·
Registered
nissan
344 Posts
hahaha let us know how it goes once that's done

·
Registered