Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I could justify the $$ Any bike rider around my vintage would know what they are looking at here. I had a RZ500 about 10 years ago and have regret selling it ever since. You see the RZ's popping up occasionally but they want heaps for them and the generally ratty and messed with but these were a much better bike by all accounts.

Probably worth mentioning I have no connection with this bike or its sale, just wish it could be mine........

Suzuki RG 500 Blue/White *Brand New* *Never Started* (eBay item 330495353009 end time 21-Nov-10 22:48:43 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Attachments

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Theres some serious pole smoking going on there with the bidding.. Would be worth more in the crate!
Cant wait to watch the feedback in a week or 2 when its relisted.

Compare it with the 1975 Nortons found in crates.
http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/black-side-down-new-nortons-found-in-belgium.aspx

UPDATE: 6/22/2010
Selling prices for the Belgian Norton Commandos have finally been revealed. The cheapest went for just under $21,000, while the most expensive sold for just under $23,000. The Matchless G80 went for a shade under $12,000. - Richard

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts cost for these types of bikes is an issue. Comparing the bidding to other bike sales history isn't really that useful. This bloke is definatley asking some big money here but the bike is very rare these days and about as imaculate as you would ever get one. I would personally rate this type of bike more than a Norton, but that could be due to my age and type of riding I like to do. Is it worth 30+ gorillas...I dont know. That said, if I was rolling in the cash I would consider it. I know, and have met blokes that have paid in excess of 50K for late 70's Ducatis in concorse condition.

I dont know how someone can have something like this and not ride it.

Its funny the bike sales valuation (redbook I think) states that an 85' RG500 is worth $500-$900 for a private sale, and I think $5795 when new.

Compare that as a percentage of average wage back in 85 compared to 30k as a percentage of average wage now. Hasn't made the owner alot of money really.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,418 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Must get around to finishing the rebuild of my VF750SC.
It's the worlds first production V4 motorcycle and is starting to get pretty rare.
It almost killed me once but I love it too much to part with it.
I had the VF750FD, adn yea the donk blew like 99% of them :( Not worth fixing as the barrels are part of the cases from memory... could have done this to it I suppose http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electric-Motorcycle-converted-VF750-engineered-and-rego-/170562628631?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item27b6532c17 but that was 1986

Edit; actually know a bloke who has dumped 2x TZ500's at his old mans place.. complete one accident damaged from highside at the flipflog at Oran. but he wont sell, his dad doesnt want them, but wont let me buy em :( They would be nice to get hold of too!

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I would check how the auction went.
21 bids, finished at $35,100.00 and reserve not met??

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,460 Posts
Bloody hell, $20k for an XR200???? I rode one around the block once and could have done it as quickly on my mountainbike... nice bike for what it is, but what it isn't is a 5-figure collectable!

Gimme the RC30 though!!! Japanese spec, but still a weapon.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Bloody hell, $20k for an XR200???? I rode one around the block once and could have done it as quickly on my mountainbike... nice bike for what it is, but what it isn't is a 5-figure collectable!].
not even for all the bikes in the photo.. although the 450/480 would be nice..

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had a RZ500 about 10 years ago and have regret selling it ever since. You see the RZ's popping up occasionally but they want heaps for them and the generally ratty and messed with but these were a much better bike by all accounts.
I also had an RZ500, used to do 240km/ph on the way home from work each evening just for fun.

Could hang smoking powerslides around roundabouts and lift the front wheel at 100kph.

What a bike, was in mint cont and on 10,500km when i sold it.

Still have old RD350...and old xr500, must get them going.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Wish my RZ500 was mint when I sold it.. few club days at Oran Park when the old TZ was dead and a marshall that didnt give a **** took care of that :( Low sided, marshall came runnin out... picked it up started pushing it away but steerin damper was bent.. so he dropped it on the undamaged side and started draggin it by the front wheel :shock: Only managed to move it 10ft, enough to break handlear and fairing and scratch **** out of everything... :'(

Still have old RD350..
plenty of TZ bits around these days to bolt on... :) pipes, barrels, carbs, etc.. makes a great fun bike.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,263 Posts
the zr is nice but it still an xr200, iif ti was like my old bike 81cr 125 elsinore (1st mono shock 1st water cooled) then yeah maybe but a dirty old maybe clean old xr. Never!!!!
What every he has been smoking, I WANT SOME!!!!!!

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,460 Posts
If you really want to go fast... how about an 1100cc triple making 250rwhp, in a ZX-10R. Double the torque of the original 4-stroke 1000cc I4, and the new motor weighs 25kg less than the old one.

The Two-Stroke Shop 2-Stroke Shop

Will be interesting to see how they run the exhaust system.

I spent a day on a tweaked RGV250 many years ago, and had a bloody ball. A 500 would be mad.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
If you really want to go fast... how about an 1100cc triple making 250rwhp, in a ZX-10R. Double the torque of the original 4-stroke 1000cc I4, and the new motor weighs 25kg less than the old one.

The Two-Stroke Shop 2-Stroke Shop

Will be interesting to see how they run the exhaust system.

I spent a day on a tweaked RGV250 many years ago, and had a bloody ball. A 500 would be mad.
I'll raise you a 6 cyl RG500.... now RG750

6 Cylinder RG750 - a set on Flickr

1 - 19 of 19 Posts