Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i have a tb42e auto patrol and i have 315/75R16, ive been wanting to change the diff ratios to bring it back or close to standard. it currently has 3.9s, now my mate has written off his 2.8 gq wagon and he said if i want i can swap the diffs over to bring mine back to standard, i was thinkin 4.3s would be back to standard after checkin to see what ratios were in the 2.8 they are 4.6s, basically want to know how it will be if i put the 4.6s in my patrol, like will it be screamin its head off when drivin down the highway or will it only be a little bit lower then standard and will it change the fuel econemy much

·
Registered
nissan
471 Posts
4.6's and 35's are perfect...

Economy will always be higher due to larger rolling resistance of 35's but engine wont work as hard with new gears.....just do it

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I went from 3.9's to 4.3's running 35" creepys and i couldn't be happier. In my opinion i think the 4.6's are overkill for 35's, but each to there own. My car is a tb42 MANUAL though.

·
Registered
nissan
884 Posts
Would 4.3's on 33's be a good comprimise?

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
Personally, 4.6's are best with 36's. With 35's, it will rev a little bit harder but nothing to much to worry about.... perfect for the bush.

Just need to keep in mind that you can get away with 33's without getting to many looks from the boys in blue. If you go 35's and end up having to go back to 33's with 4.6's, it will be annoying on the run.

If you have the cash... I'd look at going 4.3's & crawler gears in your transfer case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts