Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a y61 1998 with tb45 and i swapped it with a tb48, i change engine control wiring, engine bay wiring, under thr dash wiring to tb48. Almost entire car wiring is changed. Gearbox same although i came to a problem wiring harness is diffrent. Iight change the gearbox as well. But my main concern is the car dosnt start. The engine crank but when pulled one of plug, there is no sparks nor that the fuel pump pushes fuel to engine. What can the problem be?

More info: entire wiring and all control modules is from a single donor car
Engine and computer is from another donor car
Maf sensor not yet connected as not yet purchased.

·
Premium Member
1999 GU Wagon ST RD28
435 Posts
As you have presumably done this work, you will need to check everything is connected correctly and you are getting power and other signals to the ECU. If you are uncomfortable with electronic diagnosis, take it to an auto electrician for review. Would probably save you a lot of time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi brian wood,
Updates, i took it to electrician, he has reprogrammed ecu to work with the keys and now there is voltage in the plugs but no voltage at fuel injectors, he bypassed the NATs system. The car cranks and if u put little bit of peteol at air intake, the engine will start and shut down, fuel pump ok, peteol reaches engine, just ecu not sending command to fuel injector. Am puzzled??? The guy says now my ECU is fried.is this a possibility?
I changed gearbox as well, now the entire car is a 4.8 vtec, replaced evrything.

·
Premium Member
1999 GU Wagon ST RD28
435 Posts
It certainly is a possibility the ECU is fried. Not knowing the full history of what's happened, the auto electrician would usually be the best guide as to whats gone wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got the car to start, it was ECU fried and there was electrical wiring issue to the crank shaft sensor. I will post a full post here on swapping tb45 to tb48.

Cheerzzzzz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts