Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ground pounders other than genuine sway bar links(nissan parts over the top)
who suppies the best ones out there.2" lift on rig, non geniune rear left broken,
and yes i SOME do say sway bars are ova rated.Thoughts on this! Cheers!

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
pretty sure I got mine from Superior engineering ( disconnects )

cant remember price, but if what nissan usually charge is anything to go by they would be cheaper than that .......I think hmmmm maybe

·
"Remember, you're unique... just like everyone els
nissan patrol
1,593 Posts
Holden Commodore VT-2,VX,VY. Sway Bar Link Pin Kit (eBay item 220704187577 end time 30-Dec-10 16:16:15 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

We just put a set of these in a 2" OME lifted GQ wagon and f*&k me what a change in ride. It's got less body roll and sits on the road heaps (x198371490834) better.

Don't get freaked out when they turn up in the mail and they look 10" too long, they're not. Cheap as too, Holden, Coventry's, Repco etc all wanted $70 a pair. We had all four delivered for under $60. Bargain!

Let us know how you go.

Drew

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
hey drew

would these do for the rear of my patrol, i ended up getting around 4 inchs in the rear and i think mine are too short because the bolts come loose when i start flexing it up just a little bit.

cheers

phil

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
hey p bear do they rattle at all?
Sorry mate I missed that post...............

I have not noticed them rattling and I just went out and stood out the rear passenger door and vigorously rocked the car to find out....... nope no rattles.

They do do the job very well
ie: they connect ( good for on road ) and disconnect ( good for offroad ) but.......... I am not convinced on the design at the end of the day when you get back on the blacktop you have to lie under the car and attempt to sleeve two tubes, line up the holes and then put the pin in...........doesnt sound hard but when they are covered in mud it is difficult

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
Hey sudso

when you say level do you mean the bend in the rear sway bar link has to be level, the reason i ask is i think i have to short a sway bar link in the rear, i bought 3 inch links with my lift but they keep coming loose when trying to flex and they seem to be limiting the amount of flex im gettin, sorry for the dumb as question just like to get things spot on.

Cheers

Phil

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
yeh he means you need to get the ends of the swaybar back to factory positioning which is almost parallel with the ground.

So if you look at the vehicle side on with the wheel off you see your swaybar pointing up, in line with the control arm. What you want to see is it flat.

Also the swaybar might limit travel but don't worry too much. Outright travel is not that important, vehicle stability is and the swaybar provides this to pootrol's floaty axle. Leave it on and get some softer/slotted front radius arm bushings and enjoy your new found stability and climbing ability!

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
Thanks Yom

Looks like im up for sum longer sway bar links then as mine is pointing up, yea i do like them for stability on road but was starting to think they were limiting my flexi rear coils but ill look into the slotted bush for the front arms!

Cheers

Phil

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
I recently busted the LH rear swaybar link, and have replaced both original Nissan swaybar links with Nolathane jobs that are 50mm longer than stock. Mine had the ARB-supplied extender brackets to suit the 2" OME lift, so I removed those.

It definitely is less controlled on the road with disconnected rear swaybar, was quite happy to get it hooked up again.

Here's the .pdf from Nolathane, the 50mm extended rear swaybar kit for GU is part no. 42730.

They do 100mm extended links too.

http://www.nolathane.com.au/bulletins/Update 1012.pdf

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
Thanks Yom

Looks like im up for sum longer sway bar links then as mine is pointing up, yea i do like them for stability on road but was starting to think they were limiting my flexi rear coils but ill look into the slotted bush for the front arms!

Cheers

Phil
i remember when i had my GQ the swaybar being connected with the lift would result in the vehicle being unable to hit the bumpstops in the rear while articulating. Disconnected it had no problem. did not really affect the droop though. all that happened, despite having less travel, was more often than not there was weight shift to the front end forcing it to travel (the radius arm front needs weight to travel/fight resistance from the rubber bushings) and the vehicle would end up flatter, even if it was lifting wheels.

so yes, i did like.

I had a swaybar release though and i was able to disconnect it when I desired.

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
do the disconnects make weird noises, sum1 told me that they are really noisey while driving and they are hard to get the pin back in after you have been out wheeling??

I really like the idea of disconnects but i havnt really asked many people what they think of them so i can make my mind up.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,557 Posts
Holden Commodore VT-2,VX,VY. Sway Bar Link Pin Kit (eBay item 220704187577 end time 30-Dec-10 16:16:15 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

We just put a set of these in a 2" OME lifted GQ wagon and f*&k me what a change in ride. It's got less body roll and sits on the road heaps (x198371490834) better.

Don't get freaked out when they turn up in the mail and they look 10" too long, they're not. Cheap as too, Holden, Coventry's, Repco etc all wanted $70 a pair. We had all four delivered for under $60. Bargain!

Let us know how you go.

Drew
Do they fit the front ass well or only the rear?

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Just got a 3 inch lift and the sway bar was sitting at about 50 degrees, got some ironman extensions and they sitting sweet now.

Attachments

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
Yea this is what im hearing more and more which is making me think not to go with the disconnects, are they fairly quick and easy to use tho?

cheers

phil

1 - 20 of 36 Posts