Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was a set of either the whiteline or superior sway bars?
I want to know the difference of body roll and handling before and after fitment.

I have the standard rear in at the moment and its a bit rolly, coils have a bit to do with it but just want to get an oppinion.

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone used the whiteline??

·
Registered
nissan
42 Posts
I use the Superior Engineering super flex on my GQ with 3" lift superior coils and Amarda extreme shocks and think they are great. The mates that have driven my GQ all comment how good it drives.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Has anyone used the whiteline??
Yes I'm running a big 24mm whiteline sway bar in the rear of my shorty with factory disconnect & the superior super flex one in the front.
Before that I ran front & rear whiteline ones 22mm front & 24mm rear they were really good way better than factory thin ones.
I'm running a 2" lift & have a hard shell rooftop tent on my patrol all the time fully loaded.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
From what I've seen over the years here, Whiteline is the premium product if you want your Patrol to handle like a WRX onroad.

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I'm running a big 24mm whiteline sway bar in the rear of my shorty with factory disconnect & the superior super flex one in the front.
Before that I ran front & rear whiteline ones 22mm front & 24mm rear they were really good way better than factory thin ones.
I'm running a 2" lift & have a hard shell rooftop tent on my patrol all the time fully loaded.

do u think the superior one is better? the stock ones are good for the scrap pile. ill look into the 22mm whiteline front.

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
do u think the superior one is better? the stock ones are good for the scrap pile. ill look into the 22mm whiteline front.
Hi Hally76, I have the Superior superflex on the front and yes it did make a bit of difference over the factory front swaybar. But not as much as I had expected because my GU series 4 already had a thicker 22mm front bar.

It is a bit of compromise between body roll and flex. The Superior gives heaps more suspension flex on the front as it has the mounting points moved backwards and longer lever part of the swaybar with thicker 27mm bar to compensate for the extra leverage.

I also have the superior rear bar but not fitted yet as the mounting points need to be moved (they come with all the new bolt on brackets) but I have a gas tank and long range sub tank that both just get in the way a bit. So if I can't move some tanks out of the way a little, I might be fitting a Whiteline rear which I think will make a big difference to body roll.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The whiteline Heavy duty bars are awesome. They really do stop body roll but do limit flex a little. I found the patrol still flexed well enough without disconnecting them but wouldn't be surprised if you would pull the mounts off the chasis or break links and stuff if you really pushed with them on.

I am going to give the currie/acf bar a go when I get some spare $$$ and time to install one.

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
The whiteline Heavy duty bars are awesome. They really do stop body roll but do limit flex a little. I found the patrol still flexed well enough without disconnecting them but wouldn't be surprised if you would pull the mounts off the chasis or break links and stuff if you really pushed with them on.
What I have seen on the rear of a GU with long shocks, is the sway bar link at full drop, the shock not quite fully extended and the down travel limited by hanging on the sway bar link. But then as the suspension compressed again, the link went the wrong way on the sway bar pivot point bending the link in half and snapping the link bolt. That was a standard Nissan type link so it bent. with a much stronger link, it might do more damage to the bracket instead. So getting the length of the link correct is important so it can not invert.

I am going to give the currie/acf bar a go when I get some spare $$$ and time to install one.
Yes I think the Curie style are the ultimate way to go, but unfortunately on a GU wagon, there is so much other stuff going on under there, it would be a major feat to fit one through the chassis.

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what end do u think will make the most difference to the handling?
the whiteline 24mm looks like a good bit of gear

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
For my two cents worth, and I am sure there are many other combinations of vehicle loading balance and suspension set up in combination with road conditions terrain and speeds where one or the other bar is of more importance to stability.

The front seems to make a difference with undulating roads and sudden changes in direction, so like part way through a big sweeping bend, there is a dip or sudden change in the corner.

The rear seems to prevent more body roll from big bends, tight roundabouts and the sort of roll from having a heavy roof rack load.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
I have Superior Flexy sway bars. I put them on to keep everything legal but also dont even have to disconect it and still flexes all the way.

I didnt expect much out of them but I was bloody surprised, they made an incredible difference.

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im keen to shake some of this body roll, but man they dont miss u with the price for the superior...

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
standards modded to suit lift. dont notice alot of difference between connected and disconnected..

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
im keen to shake some of this body roll, but man they dont miss u with the price for the superior...
Yes , but they work differently

Get whiteline for a street car , if you want good onroad and don't mind less flex offroad , or disconnecting every time you good offroad.

Get superior for a street and off road car , the swaybar never needs disconnecting.

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ordered the 24mm rear, if i need more ill got the superior front.

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got the rear whiteline on. drives a heap better now, enjoy driving it again.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Good stuff mate, they definitely stiffen it up. Just be careful off-road if you don't have disconnects, if you are getting into some ruff stuff might pay to undo a link.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts