Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok not to sure if this in on here had abit of a look no luck.
We went out for a 4by on the weekend and found that the body was moving abit on the mounts. Had abit of a look when we got home and found that the floor pan is cracking around the mount the worst is the drivers side front.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this same problem if so how did you fix it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL knew that would come up. I will explain though the avatar was taken whie doing the barrell racing event at clubkhana made in to 4x4 action good times.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
LOL knew that would come up. I will explain though the avatar was taken whie doing the barrell racing event at clubkhana made in to 4x4 action good times.
Racing or not, they are common to cracking. Wagons and shorties are both prone to it, probably the utes too. One of the guys from work had an MQ wagon which had 2 body blocks sink through the floor. I never got a photo unfortunately, but it's a pretty ugly sight.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
the plastic (teflon or what eva its called) ones dont generly crack the body as much if any compared to steel or ali. to fix it get some sheet metal between .8-1.2 mm and cut it into squares around 150 x 150 and mold it round the body and stitch it in. dont fully weld it because if it starts cracking agen it will follow the weld rite around.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very common with body lifts regardless of how you drive. My suggestion is to take it out, weld up your floor and trim your wheel-arches so your tyres don't rub. If you do this you will find it will improve the stability of your car quite a bit too.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input. Taking the body lift out will in turn cause alot of work because front and rear bars are made to fit body lift but not saying it wont end up happening just looking at all options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts