Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone might have some photos of a fitted 6 point roll cage??? I have a CCDA roll cage but want to know how far do I need to go in dismantling the dash to get the front bar to fit??? any photos would be a great help... Also I'm not welding it myself, just getting it ready...

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there was a thread about this about 9 months ago. search.
I found the thread and its great reading if your trying to design yourself a cage, I'm not...If you read what I wanted its photos, I've already bought a CCDA approved cage, i intend on competing next year, but there were no photos to show where the dash was cut. I dont need help in designing a cage, just photos of what needs to be modified for the ccda cage to fit as none were supplied with the cage... Thanks.....:headwall:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
oh I see. i didnt think they sold pre-fabbed cages. it all depends how it was made, I expect they would all be slightly different.

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had it made in Melbourne to comply with the CCDA regs so I can compete next year, but as I live 3000k's away, I didnt get to see one fitted. I know I need to cut a hole in the front corners of the dash but also want to know how much i need to move e.g. fuse box will be close... air ducting may need to be cut etc.... Hopefully the mob in Melbourne will come good this week and forward some pics....

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why don't you measure the cage.... that will tell you exactly where to cut the holes.
The cage is cut in lengths e.g apillar from the floor around the window frame towards the 'B' pillar but this needs to be cut to suit where you mount the 'B"pillar hoop... I wish it was as simple as measuring the cage, from what i have I have to trim both ends as neither will fit. I spoke to the dealer this morning and the supplier is sending me instructions and a template to cut the dash but some photos of the finished product showing the fuse box etc would be handy, just to see how others have done it...

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
i think that many people move the fuse box, sometimes see them cable tied to the cage, or just moved back towards the firewall I think. Who made your cage?

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think that many people move the fuse box, sometimes see them cable tied to the cage, or just moved back towards the firewall I think. Who made your cage?
I think its a Brown Davis cage??? Started removing fuse box and still deciding where to re-mount it? Still waiting on some photo's if anyone can help???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts