1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a 3" lift for my swb GQ
Ive been told you get a lot a vibration when lifting the 4wd
i know you have to put packers in to stop it but does it make any other problems besides vibration??.
Also would a 2" lift do the same????

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
I want to get a 3" lift for my swb GQ
Ive been told you get a lot a vibration when lifting the 4wd
i know you have to put packers in to stop it but does it make any other problems besides vibration??.
Also would a 2" lift do the same????

Yes vibration can be a problem in SWB. Not an problem in LWB.
No Vibration is the Main problem
Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ SWB
110 Posts
go a 2" lift as you will not have to do the rest that goes with a 3" lift. If you want to go higher after, put in 1" or 2" bodylift. SHortys have an issue with drivelines being at too greater angles if you go anymore than a 2" suspension lift.

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
Theres a place in the states that will custom make longer tailshafts with double cardin joint and slip yolk eliminator for a couple hundred bucks (400-500) shipped. Yeah its an extra expense, but it should eliminate vibrations and drive line strain... Right?

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
not always.

has little to do with the lift, more the driveline angles.

even with a double cardan a large lift (more than 2") you run into issues with the pinion angle.

if you want huge lift, get a LWB. If you want a capable 4wd, get a shorty and stick to a 2" lift with underbody protection.

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
ask Sim what he thinks of the double cardinal joint..

IMO, unless your going crazy lift, anything below and including 4" lift.. i wouldn't bother.

start with the cheaper could be fixes;
longer lower control arms
adj upper control arms
trans spacer
high pinion rear diff

my 2c anyways..

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
im runnin 6inch on a shorty with double cardan no dramas except for the 35s scrubbin

·
Registered
nissan
1 Posts
i had 5 inch coils in my shorty and swapped them for 3 inch ultra flexy coils,and fitted 16mm longer lower arms this got rid of all the vibes for me + i still fit my 35s with a bit of guard trimming

·
Registered
109 Posts
re

I have 2 inch body and 2 inch springs but looking to go springs only with 3 inch ultra flexy.

I have found just using gearbox spacers and adjustable rear arms works a treat.

Funny though every patrol seems to react differently??

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
i have longer lower arms and rotated the diff a little to get the angles right, the overkill engineering double cardin tail shaft works a treat i am tempted to drop the 5inches out and go lower but looking at 37s also so i might hold onto them for now or maybe put in body blocks im unsure atm

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
baxy said:
Funny though every patrol seems to react differently??
BINGO. And no logical reason... some shake with 2inch, some I've read no different to stock with a 8in lift bull**** :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts