Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im looking at getting a swb troll soon, if everything goes well :)

so i wanted to see your rigs and how you have them set up, mine will be good off roader plus camper as well and daily driver.

so wanted to see how you have done it?

with awnings and roof racks etc

thanks guys

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
do what i did, bought mav swb with alot bits on it already and just fixed the probs it had, now its a great offroader and good tourer aswell, 10" lift, 35s, arb winch bar, cheap winch, cheap driving lights, owes me $3500, soon to put in front lokka

·
Registered
nissan
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do what i did, bought mav swb with alot bits on it already and just fixed the probs it had, now its a great offroader and good tourer aswell, 10" lift, 35s, arb winch bar, cheap winch, cheap driving lights, owes me $3500, soon to put in front lokka[/QUOTE

thats my plain if i can get ahold of this good one im lookin at the moment, but i dont think i will go as hardcore with the mods yet but good plain

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
483 Posts
I found finding a good one a real problem. But then, I didnt want a modified one to start with.
Am happy with what I ended up with though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
re swb

its worth the extra coin to go diesel to start with...

mine is really capable offroad with a 5 link front and 35's but only running a 2 inch spring lift to keep it low, its all about droop....................ask any old man!!

For touring i have a dual battery setup and internally a cargo barrier with soon to have one rear draw with a fridge slide next to it.

I run a really big trailblaza fridge and can still fit craploads in the back.

my roofrack attachs to my tent awning when camping and this allows dry easy access to the fridge and rear of truck.

If i wasnt so used to the 35's I would definitely just run some 33's on the 2 inch lift.

Hope you get one dude cause shortys rock!!!

·
Registered
nissan
11,208 Posts
im with baxy here. cept i have a 3 inch lift and 33s. long shocks and superflex arms. flexs great. prenty of offroad traction and drives well on road.
with the back seat up(soon to be cargo barrier and draws) i have an 80l national luna fridge and manage to get heaps more in there. have no dramas using it as daily, weekend warrier and long distance traveler.
i do have driveline dramas though. but had this even with a 2" lift so i cannot win with that.
i have a roof basket as well so never had any dramas with room.
no good for a family though and touring with any more than 2 without a trailer is out of the question.

·
Registered
nissan
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replys guys, i got to say i do love the shortys they look hot!!!

I have a very very nice shorty lined up just got to pray i can see my other car etc and get money for the guy, but yer its already got small lift etc ill just put 33's on it once the 31's run out.

just wanted some pic's of you guys camping and how the awning works as im looking at getting one as well but just wanted some ideas, i have done a heap of search on here but cant find too much todo with camping and them.

thanks guys

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is a 92 SWB 2.8

On the photo it had 33" Khumo tyres 2" OME suspention and custom front, rear, side and roof bar work.

After the photo we fitted 2" body lift, rear 1"coil spaser ( I don't know why, but the rear was lower than the front from day one) and we also fitted a UZFE V8.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm also looking at fitting 35" tyres, only thing holding me back is that in our local series 35" tyres put's you in the mod class, at the moment I'm running in standard class.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.