1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I need some help deciding what to get,
im a newby to having a pool.
So any advice from you bros here, is extremely appreciated.

Its a concrete pool, pebblecrete type, self salt chlorinated, with inbuilt floor cleaning etc..

My question is, even though the pool "cleans itself"... floors and walls etc ( that's what they say, the manufacturers that is)

should I invest in a robotic scrubber too , to actually physically scrub the walls , floor and waterline?

thanks for ya help ;);););););)

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Ask the manufacturers? :) would the salt be abrasive with a robotic cleaner? I don't really know actually...

Got any boobs to show? :)

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ask the manufacturers? :) would the salt be abrasive with a robotic cleaner? I don't really know actually...

hahahahahahah titties !!!

hey, I cannot find the manufacturers of the pool bro,
the house was built together with the slab in summer of 2010,
im not in there yet, ( but I do hope I get all that info at handover) but cannot rely on just hope dude !!

titties come later ! I promise LOL's

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
we used to have the same set up, We used to go around the pool once a week with a brush on a long pole from the pool shop and sweep the walls takes 10 mins and saves a lot of coin.
bloody miss our old pool.

·
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty
nissan
6,172 Posts
Fill it full of VB LJ. Then you only have to clean the sud line.

Invite your mates around, drink, swim n pee. Keeps it topped up and no difference in taste.

Win-Win mate......lol.

Cheers....Lionel.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,014 Posts
Do you have any gum trees around LJ?
Auto pool vacs really struggle with gum leaves and sticks, Ours either won't pick them up, or it clogs it. Elm leaves are a PITA too, they go slimy, sink to the bottom and leave stains.
However being a pebblecrete you should not have any issues with staining like we do with ours (painted concrete).

Salt will be fine for pool cleaners, adding salt to a pool is very common and in fact necessary with most salt chlorinators.

Reactions: LittleJohn

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
The last pool I had used a Kreepy Krawly ... it worked well and saved some time. The pool shop should be able to tell you if it would suit your pool.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
Or you could just get 4 B-double loads of fill and you won't have to worry about the money sucking mongrel things. :naughty:

Foo

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
james, nah no gum trees dude, some tropical though .
leaves and small debris do fly over I noticed during the winter,and this wild type winds we've had from other parts of the estate. I do have a cover aswell for the pool ready to install,
bellow is the poolcover I made, all out of aluminium, even the timber is aluminium , aluminium frame/ shaft etc etc!!!
why have to oil and stain a bench or have a fugly pool cover reel !!

Esty I called a few shops today, some were awesome, some not.
One really stood out, so damn honest he was, he actually said in his direct opinion he wouldn't buy oine considering how
my pool has been designed, self cleaning wise..... BUT....
and I do say BUT, he gave me these scenarios..

1. he is in the pool game and doesn't mind scrubbing the walls ( they "all need it")
as he like spending between 1/2 hour-45 doing the scrubbing, like meditation.

2. he said if you couldn't be f'ed and want the easy road and can afford the initial expense, then a robot is for you !

Well, when my pool needs a scrub, ive come to the conclusion that I cwouldnt be f'ed to do so,
like I need that kind of sht in my life !!
also, I have walls I cannot get to from the opposite side due to the landscaping, so I guess he and I came to the conclusion, that a good robot "is" for me....but only for the scrubbing, not somuch for the
collecting of debris.

So I know I only asked the question today,been researchin for a lil while on my own on the net and now with my end conclusion,

I threw out an offer $$$ to someone selling the model cleaner I was after,
and im now the new owner of a Maytronics Supreme M4, of which is literally hardly used, just gotta get the brushes to suit my pool type !

Happy as!!

ps. what do yas think of the pool cover I made?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
The cover is ace LJ but how does the bloody robot thing, climb the walls to clean? :confused:

Foo

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
Holy chit! :shock:

Foo

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
now you know what time it is!!!

Attachments

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The aluminium 'wood' is a top idea. Never rot.
its called Knotwood bro, we're the sole distributors of it !
Not cheap, well initial pricing does shock you a bity,
but when you consider all the maintenance and the price of
"quality " timber single piece,
its actually rather cheap

check it out www.knotwood.com.au

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,797 Posts
Salt is not abrasive when in solution, even in a salt sat (brine) environment. It can dissolve though and any aluminium will be affected over time unless sealed (painted) if constantly in a salt environment. (swhy boats have adenoids as a sacrifice)

Even with a robo-scrubber vac you will still need to hand scrub at least once a month. Most just use the pole / brush technique, as I did, but as an added bonus I used to put on my dive gear and get in with a scrubbing brush at the start and end of summer.

Mate had a dolphin (nearly same as your picture, but was a bit older), used to get stuck in the corners sometimes, worked well though but was a bugger when it stopped (relies on flow, leaves and rubbish clogging it would stop it dead). Cleaning it was easy though.

I used to fill mine with bore water so I had calcium issues that needed other maintenance, if your using fresh to fill and top up then you wont have any problems.

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DB, the guy who sold it to me, it didn't suit his pool, it was round and very curvy on the bottom, almost like one big bowl.
didn't work for him, and he had to scrub anyway......
Mines square/rectangular with straight edges and only fairing in the corners.

I read so many reviews and forums about robots, and hopefully theyre true, that the new age dolphins
don't get stuck or twist chords !
Spose they've had to rectify this problem, otherwise whod buy em these days I guess?

hey, and no funny jokes about me with scuba gear,
im coping enough from my mates, fkn giving me a friggin mankini ffs and a stick on moe !

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,797 Posts
When I did my dive scrub I use to do it nekkid, now there is a scary picture for you to carry around in your head.

Much worse than your mankini Borat impersonation lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts