Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
The wife and I are doing a round trip in August/Sept leaving Syd. First stop Gympie Muster then over for the Birdsville Races. Birdsville track and Lake Eyre down to Marree BUT not sure where to from there to return to Syd.

We did Ceduna, Flinders Ranges, Hawker, Broken Hill, Menindee Lakes in 2010 and looking for something different on our return trip this time.

Towing a camper with a GU 3.0TD tourer (2" lift, winch, BFG A/T's etc etc) any suggestions on tracks and routes back from Marree/Hawker to Sydney would be appreciated.

Cheers
Robbo
Asphalt - A waste of tax payers money :D

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
hey mate, from maree drop down to lynhurst and come back up the strezleki track. You can hang a right out to merty merty then into camerons cornner, tibooburra, bourke, syd.
Hope this helps, I'll be out there all of october.

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Petefire..sounds good.. anything special we need to know about that part of the trip.. ie permits, track conditions?

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Petefire..sounds good.. anything special we need to know about that part of the trip.. ie permits, track conditions?
Hey robbo, as per PM. If I find anything else out Ill let you know.
If not You can let me know :D. You can also ring CC store for track reports etc. The tracks are all marked on Hema maps etc.

·
Registered
nissan
95 Posts
See you and your missus up here, Robbo - all going well I will be doing security out at the Muster.

Trevor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts