Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 431 Posts

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my Cruiser HDJ79 was stolen 3 weeks ago and as I work in the car industry we traded a 2001 GU TD42T Coil Cab at the right time which I snapped up. Very standard with 285000km on the clock. Paid $8000 :toothmis:but has a rough faded red paint job and is great mechanically. So far have fitted 3" king springs and 17x9 black Pro Comps with 315/70/17 Mickey MTZ. 3" redback exhaust and dump pipe. Fitting a HPD Series ll top mount intercooler with a 14" Spal fan at the moment and the HPD Airbox lid also a full alloy 57mm thick radiator. Superior engineering coil tower brace going in tomorrow and have ordered tough dog 45mm adjustables. Front ARB air locker and compressor done last week and safari snorkel. Off to UFI on Friday for tune and up the boost. Try and load pics tomorrow

·
nissan gu patrol
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and the Patrol has quite a few advantages over the Cruiser. Wider cab better interior much better rear suspension and a great LSD.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Good to see you have seen the light :beer: 8k would have to be one of the best bargains i have heard.

·
nissan gu patrol
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Gibo. Definitely a bargain. The previous owner was a farmer and owned it for the past 11 years and maintained it perfectly except the paint but who cares. Traded it at the right time and at a great price. He told me he had to fit a new gearbox at 135000km have they got a weak spot that I need to worry about ?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Hi Gibo. Definitely a bargain. The previous owner was a farmer and owned it for the past 11 years and maintained it perfectly except the paint but who cares. Traded it at the right time and at a great price. He told me he had to fit a new gearbox at 135000km have they got a weak spot that I need to worry about ?

Yea the earlier models had a problem with 5th. Should be all good but if he done a rebuild.

·
nissan gu patrol
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Painting will be last on the list at this stage. Probably only scratch it up in bush anyways

·
nissan gu patrol
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went to UFI yesterday for Dyno after fitting intercooler. First run 79rwkw :victory: Left with 108rwkw. Standard Turbo @ 14psi with 35"s

·
nissan gu patrol
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Getting tray painted black next week and cab red. Then fit the canopy

1 - 20 of 431 Posts