Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at one of the U.S companies for the Amsteel rope. My winch is a warne 9000 low mount, I believe I replace the 5/16 steel, 125 foot rope with the same specs in synthetic. Not real good on the puter stuff, so how is the price below & have I got the correct rope specs

125 ft amsteel 5/16 rope @ $219.00
fairlead alloy for ARB bar @ $50.00
Freight @ $54.00

Is this better than local or can you get the same quality at this price here?

Thanks
John

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas, there is some good deals there. My winch really is a back up, I don't real heavy 4wd stuff, just mostly hunting & fishing as far in the bush as I can go.

So you reckon 30 metres of 10mm would do the trick

Thanks
John

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
I got mine on eBay. You should be able to Pick up 30m of 10pm Dyneema for around or under $200 unless things have changed in the last few mths. Just look at the specs posted up, because there was a seller with a lesser quality rope (non UV stabilized from memory).

Hawse fairlead for $50 sounds about right. I had to space mine out on an ARB GUII winchbar. It'll be another $50-100 if you buy these from a 4wd mob or from a machinist. I paid under $20 for longer HT bolts and a bunch of large washers- works fine.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Actually - check with ARB if you have one of their bars - I recall someone saying they ordered a much fatter hawse fairlead from them to suit the ARB bar.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Actually - check with ARB if you have one of their bars - I recall someone saying they ordered a much fatter hawse fairlead from them to suit the ARB bar.
I have an ARB Deluxe bar, and a Poly performance alloy hawse fairlead bolts straight on. Its the same as any standard alloy hawse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts