Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4x4
82 Posts
I Can't help you directly, but mine does the same thing. Stopped working for months then suddenly flickers on for awhile then goes back to sleep.

I have asked a few people and they do not want to get involved because they hate working with the electrical side of things.

Seems to be going a bit better after I have done a few unrelated things, If you check the search button your question has been asked before.

·
Registered
nissan
812 Posts
maybe find the black earth wire for tacho/dash and splice another wire to it and run it direct to battery negative
see if that helps
ive also heard it can be the chip that's on inside the gauges

·
Registered
nissangqpatrol
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe find the black earth wire for tacho/dash and splice another wire to it and run it direct to battery negative
see if that helps
ive also heard it can be the chip that's on inside the gauges
So if its the chip, I guess an easy way to test it would be to try another tacho rather than getting a workshop to check it.

I will run a wire to battery earth when I pull the dash out and try what you suggest.
Thanks heaps for the feedback.

·
Registered
nissan
812 Posts
go see an instrument mob
most of them know of the patrols having crap tachos
if the earth doesn't fix the prob

then u need to decide whether to spend 150 bucks on a used cluster or get yours fix
maybe try borrow one of someone

·
Registered
nissan GQ patrol
1 Posts
hey mate same thing happened to mine recently, completly stopped working after a while, ended up just changing the sensor that bolts to the engine and that fixed it.

·
Registered
nissan
812 Posts
if its a td42 the tacho sensor is 2 wire
the signal gets stronger as the revs get higher
so that's prob why it doesn't work sometimes at idle
orig post doesn't say what engine it is

·
Registered
nissangqpatrol
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys, yeh sorry franky i double dipped it in 2 threads mate. But i got more than enough ideas to find a cure me thinks.
cheers guys.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Sure your not on too much of the white stuff? And its playing with your eyes :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts