Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my dash fuse blow for some reason the other day while driving when it did my tacho needle went all the way around and now sits under the needle and when car started it goes up against the needle
is there anyway to reset it or get it to spin back around or do i need to pull the dash fully apart to do it ???
cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha ye i have just tried that exactly as in post fuse is fine reving the crap out of it and it does nothing does not go back so looks like ill have to pull it apart ha
any thing else i can try before?
cheers

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Dam
For your sake I was really hoping that would work. Short of turning the car upside down and giving it a shake, LOL, it looks like it might have to come apart.

I did have a similar issue in my shorty GQ but that was with the speedo not the tacho. After wasting many hours pulling that apart 3 times looking for dry joints, burnt out transistor and crystals, and then forking out dollars for a whole new instrument cluster I gave up. Took it to an Auto Sparky and he had it sorted in an hour. Bad earth somewhere in the wiring loom. I never would have worked that out. Should have spent that $100 a lot earlier.

All I'm saying is give it a go, but don't be as stubborn as I was before taking it to someone when it comes to electronics. I never thought I would say that, but in this case I could have saved myself a lot of time and $500 bucks.

Good luck let us know how you get on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts