Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tech on my 1994 GQ occasionally seems to "die." Then it comes back and all is well.

I assume that the problem is a bad electrical connection somewhere, but where do I look? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have absolutely no idea but a previous GQ I had suffered the same problem....
and the speedo would jump also, 0 - 160 in 1 second.... felt like a man when that happened! :)

·
Registered
Nissan
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anything in particular happen between deaths?
Not really. "Deaths" seem to be fairly few and far between.

I was driving the other day when a "death" occurred. The tach stayed "dead"(usually when this happens, it comes and goes) until I shut the motor down.

When I started back up, my tach "resurrected" itself as if nothing had happened.

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
It's a very common issue with these gauges and they do die with regularity. My dad has been servicing auto/marine gauges for 25 years and as soon as I told him I got a GQ he told me with certainty that the gauges will most likely die in the time I'll have it. Easy fix for it though.

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
LOL... I meant that it's an easy fix for my dad to do. Sometimes it's a rebuild of the mechanism, sometimes it's a replacement part here and there to get it working like new. Find out from him, give him a call 0755 206509, Richmond Tweed Instruments (Palm Beach Qld).

·
Registered
Nissan
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL... I meant that it's an easy fix for my dad to do. Sometimes it's a rebuild of the mechanism, sometimes it's a replacement part here and there to get it working like new. Find out from him, give him a call 0755 206509, Richmond Tweed Instruments (Palm Beach Qld).
Ay que crap. I sort of live in Ukraine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.