Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Troll's in for her 30thou service today. Getting those tag thingos on the wheel nuts as aparantly the wheels can fall off...:shock: I thought it was the earlier GU alloys!
anybody got any pics so i know what to expect?

·
Registered
nissan
8,978 Posts
Pull the stupid tags off, go down to your local trade tools and grab a 40-200Nm Torque wrench and a 21mm socket and torque them youself.

A force torque wrench in that size willl cost you $60-$70 and is all you need.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i expect them to look daggy, but can't work out how they'll fit as the hubcap'll get in the way of the conventional one i think...

I agree Benno, i'll get a torque wrench and do them up myself - just curious as to what they'll look like - also using it as leverage to convince the missus to let me get a new set of allows so the stocko's can be for play ;)!

Furthermore, the dude at the workshop told me to keep an eye opn the dash, i said sweet. Also i asked about the CRD leak - he said something about sealant on some bung... not sure about that atm...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Pull the stupid tags off, go down to your local trade tools and grab a 40-200Nm Torque wrench and a 21mm socket and torque them youself.

A force torque wrench in that size willl cost you $60-$70 and is all you need.
i seam to remember a torque setting of about 98 ft lb sound about right?

·
Registered
111 Posts
not only do them up yourself, but about 50kms later, retorque them. thats what we do with the light vehicles at work (sunrasier rims) and you would be suprised at how many turn that little bit more the second time.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi peops! Got the service done... Apparantly they can't put the indicators on until the letters have been sent... so no tags for me at this point. I did ask however, what they'll look like - they're the little plastic caps - like what was on commodores and falcons to cover the steel nuts. Difference is they have a little dot on them which can be adjusted to a reference point. so not the big ghey tags we were all worried about. Will see soon.

I'm going to use this opportunity to convince the missus to let me get a second set of road wheels and i'll use the stockers for off roading seeings they're all scratched now.

Also, asked about the CRD oil leaks and the dash. So far all the info on here's been spot on - so 6 year warranty on the dash, and some CRDs are going back with a weeping seal on some bung at teh front of the motor. Not sure which one.

So there you have it - for now. We'll all be getting a little note in the mail about the tension markers...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts